So i was thinking about a tube change for my JSX and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who owns a JSX that has tried this. Did you like the difference it made to your tone? Im looking for a little more low end chug and chunkyness.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Last edited by moulpatr at Apr 27, 2008,
I've done it. It really makes a huge difference in the bottom end. It sounds massive. However, I feel it's a little brighter and thinner on the mids and top, so it's kind of a trade off.

Honestly, I'd go for the KT77s instead, which are kind of a mix between the 6l6 and El34s You can read about them on www.eurotubes.com
alright thanks ill check out those KT77's
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
I have KT77's in my JSX and it sounds amazing, you have so much low end and chunk for your rhythm tone, but all the pushed mids of the EL34's, its literally a win win situation, I highly suggest it. I actually got mine from eurotubes.com too, excellent site.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
I have KT77's in my JSX and it sounds amazing, you have so much low end and chunk for your rhythm tone, but all the pushed mids of the EL34's, its literally a win win situation, I highly suggest it. I actually got mine from eurotubes.com too, excellent site.

haha yea i think im sold on the kt77's now
ill prbably order a retube kit from eurotubes in the near future.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
I get huge low end chunk with EL34's in my JSX. The key is to have the master volume and resonance dial between 8-10. Then put the channel volumes at 1-3.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Tensorspencer

i am just curious...but what kind of a difference to the overall tone/sound of the amp did putting the KT77s in instead of the el34s?
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby