my sister just gave me her dell latitude D505
now i know this computer is a little ****ty. i want to use it for recording. i dont have much but i was planning on investing a little money on this. for example im pretty sure i will ahve to upgrade my ram. the computer has an Intel Celeron M processor 1500MHz 1.50Ghz and 256MB of ram. right now all i have for recording is a line 6 UX1. i was wondering what i should do to make this laptop badass. like any really good recording softwares if i should buy more ram any other useful tools for recording **** like that thanks
Get a new laptop.

EDIT: Sorry, had to.
Last edited by BGSM at Apr 27, 2008,
u dont think i could just add some upgrades to this computer and get it running well?
Quote by nine01n
my sister just gave me her dell latitude D505
now i know this computer is a little ****ty. i want to use it for recording. i dont have much but i was planning on investing a little money on this. for example im pretty sure i will ahve to upgrade my ram. the computer has an Intel Celeron M processor 1500MHz 1.50Ghz and 256MB of ram. right now all i have for recording is a line 6 UX1. i was wondering what i should do to make this laptop badass. like any really good recording softwares if i should buy more ram any other useful tools for recording **** like that thanks

Get a new laptop.

EDIT: Also get audacity. Its a good free recording program
a mic
a mixer

But i dont know what you could do to your laptop. RAM wont do that much realy.
Just shove a 1 gig stick of ram in, reinstall windows, and giver hell. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work just fine. I mean people did record before the days of 5Ghz processors did they not?
Quote by mattvl
Just shove a 1 gig stick of ram in, reinstall windows, and giver hell. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work just fine. I mean people did record before the days of 5Ghz processors did they not?

Unless you're overclocking like mad, they don't make 5GHz processors. Dual core doesn't count.

EDIT: Use Adobe Audition 2.0
It doesn't bog down your computer like 3.0, it's better than cool edit pro, and it's easy enough to.. acquire.
hug your local pug dealer!
mixcraft is a really great recording program, all of the mp3s on my profile were made with it
Buy some edirol recording box and you get sonar with it its amazing.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Well upgrading specs [such as RAM and processor etc] is never a bad idea, especially if you are going to use an editing program such as Cubase which uses a lot of resources. An external sound card makes for much better recording because the built-in one's are usually generic and not particularly designed for good quality recording.
I Like Music
I used my laptop mic and audacity and made some VERY nice recordings... I sent in my laptop though and they sent me out a new one and the mic sounds like **** :-( I also have a UX1 and its not that bad except you cant get a good clean tone or plug in your electric acoustic and make it sound decent at all. Perhaps just download audacity and use your UX1 then go buy a nice mic to plug into the UX1, although I have heard this doesn't work great due to the UX1's lack of phantom power or something.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"