there are a million different ibanez guitars that all look exactly the same
i am lost in a sea of strat lookin' trem totin' pointy metal guitars

im looking for direction, and i have nowhere else to turn but the information vault that is UG

anyway
i have my eye on 700-1200 dollars worth of metal guitar, and i like the looks of an ibanez prestige

thats kind of a wide price range, but i need to know
what is the best bang for my buck
what are the best made best sounding ibanez guitars
what are the biggest difference between s and rg
what is the best trem
what other guitars would you recommend for regular old metal shredding (dont go too into this cuz i know not everyone likes ibanez and i want to know more about ibanez specifically)

i know that's a lot to ask, but thanks in advance
O.o

Ibanez s470DXQM
Roland 120 jazz/chorus

proud member of the Ibanez S-Series owners group
The S and RG have different trems, different necks, and different designs. The pickups might be different, but idk. As for other guitars, check out some ESP or Jackson guitars.
what is the best bang for my buck - Mabye the s series, but the quality you get with a prestige is worth the money.
what are the best made best sounding ibanez guitars- Here i dont have alot of personal experience. I own a 1570 Prestige, it sounds DAMN good, though i was contemplating buying and S570.
what are the biggest difference between s and rg- The s series are very slim, compact and comfortable. The trem on them is pretty reliable aswell. They have a wizard II neck, which is very slim. Though not as slim as the Wizard neck you get on prestiges
RG's are more bulky 'super strats'. You can get them without trems and with them, though the trems on them can be from total crap (edge III) to very reliable (edge pro).
what is the best trem- There is a wide range of trems you can get, and im not very informed in this area. All i know is -dont get an edge III-
what other guitars would you recommend for regular old metal shredding (dont go too into this cuz i know not everyone likes ibanez and i want to know more about ibanez specifically)- Possibly a nice ESP or Jackson? Dont know =P
RG prestige sounds better than the S guitars. MOre body which sustains longer. Their neck is also much more comfortable in my opinion.

On my closest guitar center I saw an rg for 899, and it had a zr tremolo. Maybe it was not a zr, but it had the wheel on the back i seen on the zr tremolos. That guitar plus a pickup change is an insane value. Maybe someone else here knows the model number.
watever you do man dont make the same mistake i did. went into the guitar shop o look mommy a nice ibanez thats white with a ****ty edge 3 that look cool and didnt kno it was balls and i get it all of a sudden strings break for no reason goes out of tune like balls and it sucked. so i recomend ANY Rg prestige they are great the bridges are way better than the edge 3's. but if you want a s series the bridges are even better but however the guitars have only 22 frets which is annoying to someone like me who likes to play on 24 which the prestige has. its up to you but id go for the prestige. Peace
Quote by samyou3l
there are a million different ibanez guitars that all look exactly the same
i am lost in a sea of strat lookin' trem totin' pointy metal guitars

im looking for direction, and i have nowhere else to turn but the information vault that is UG

anyway
i have my eye on 700-1200 dollars worth of metal guitar, and i like the looks of an ibanez prestige

thats kind of a wide price range, but i need to know
what is the best bang for my buck
what are the best made best sounding ibanez guitars
what are the biggest difference between s and rg
what is the best trem
what other guitars would you recommend for regular old metal shredding (dont go too into this cuz i know not everyone likes ibanez and i want to know more about ibanez specifically)

i know that's a lot to ask, but thanks in advance

The biggest differences between the S and RG is the body shape, and the tremelo used. The best trems would probably be the ZR trem that comes with the S series and all its variants (ZR, ZR2 etc.) and the Edge Pro that comes with the RG prestige guitars. Other guitars I would recommend would be the Jackson SL3 soloist (nect thru design and the Duncan pickups are a plus.
Be cool.
the S series is gonna get you virtually top of the line Ibanez parts as long as it's one of the higher priced S's. I've seen one or two for like 200 bucks, and they're not "real" S's. Avoid those.

But anything Prestige is incredible gear. I have an RG5EX1 that i got for 400 US and it's incredible. My advice is don't go any lower than 400 for an RG. In fact, with the RGs, just compare parts, and buy the one with the best parts mixed and matched; the more expensive the better.

But overall, I'd go for the S's. They're simply butter. If you're going for the S, go for the more expensive beauties:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S2170FW-S-Prestige-Series-Electric-Guitar-with-Poplar-Burl-Top?sku=514214

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S2170FB-S-Prestige-Series-Electric-Guitar-with-Figured-Bubinga-Top?sku=514213
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Quote by Dark_Merlin
what is the best bang for my buck - Mabye the s series, but the quality you get with a prestige is worth the money.
what are the best made best sounding ibanez guitars- Here i dont have alot of personal experience. I own a 1570 Prestige, it sounds DAMN good, though i was contemplating buying and S570.
what are the biggest difference between s and rg- The s series are very slim, compact and comfortable. The trem on them is pretty reliable aswell. They have a wizard II neck, which is very slim. Though not as slim as the Wizard neck you get on prestiges
RG's are more bulky 'super strats'. You can get them without trems and with them, though the trems on them can be from total crap (edge III) to very reliable (edge pro).
what is the best trem- There is a wide range of trems you can get, and im not very informed in this area. All i know is -dont get an edge III-
what other guitars would you recommend for regular old metal shredding (dont go too into this cuz i know not everyone likes ibanez and i want to know more about ibanez specifically)- Possibly a nice ESP or Jackson? Dont know =P

I traded my Ibanez RG350DX with a edge 3 for a Jackson with a Floyd its wayyyy better.
im looking preferrably for one with 24 frets, so im less likely to get an s now, although they do look sooo nice

im looking at RG 1570,
wondering what the differences between that and RG 550 are
O.o

Ibanez s470DXQM
Roland 120 jazz/chorus

proud member of the Ibanez S-Series owners group
Quote by samyou3l
im looking preferrably for one with 24 frets, so im less likely to get an s now, although they do look sooo nice

im looking at RG 1570,
wondering what the differences between that and RG 550 are

The new SV series has a 24 fret neck, and a new version of the ZR trem, not sure what the new name is. It also does NOT have the locking nut- remains to be seen how well this will work out. It is a sweet looking guitar.

The 1570 and the 550 are pretty much the same guitar. Same neck, body, Edge Pro trem (it's awesome, I have an RG550), I think the only difference is the pickups. And the 1570 does not have a pickguard.

The 1570 is a great deal for a very nice shred axe.
i recently made the choice between an s and an rg1570. Chose the rg, just felt more comfortable, i had to crouch over too much to play the s plus i think the s is korean made and the rg jap made. Out of all the guitars i tested, none of them had the same 'quality' feel of the rg-p.

Also u dont need a pickguard, the paint is so good, doesnt scratch.
RG's & Mesa's
The new S Prestiges cost about $1200, and they've got 24-fret Wizards, like RGs do. If you want the most bang for your buck, though, get a used RG from eBay. I'd recommend anything from the 500 series up, especially the RG770. The RG520QS, I've heard, is a great deal, too.