Along with a new amp, I'm hoping to save enough to buy a new guitar as well! Currently, I have an Epiphone LP Standard and it's great and all, but we all love new guitars

So I want to get a new guitar, preferably another LP (or at least similar in sound and feel), so I looked at Agile's and the only thing I'm curious about is the pickups the come with. I've been looking at the AL-2800.

For information on the site, it has..

"Pickup spec: Magnet: Ceramic, Coil 42awg (.063mm)
Neck: Inductance: 4.85 Henrys, DC Resistance: 7.8k ohms Turns 5,550
Bridge: Inductance 8.7 Henrys DC Resistance: 8.7k ohms Turns 6,050"

So I tried to get a general consensus on these pickups and they seem to be a bit of a problem?

I play every style of music, so versatile pickups are important

So if these pickups aren't so hot, what should they be replaced with?
I definitely want the pickups to be as good as or (preferably) better than the pickups in my LP standard
Quote by G Sauce
I definitely want the pickups to be as good as or (preferably) better than the pickups in my LP standard

what kind of stuff do you play, give examples.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
The Fall of Troy is my most recent style but I also play a lot of clean stuff as well
the pickups are passable.. i don't mind the stock neck pickup on my agile. the bridge i replaced with a seymour duncan JB, its not as gainy, but its a lot clearer.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the pickups are passable.. i don't mind the stock neck pickup on my agile. the bridge i replaced with a seymour duncan JB, its not as gainy, but its a lot clearer.

yea. the neck sounds decent. the bridge is slightly sub par.
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Alright, so with all this being said, should I just keep my LP, or is the Agile better for the money? (They're about the same price).
save up.

the agile is a better guitar, but its not worth it. the only reason i got mine was because i neede a decent backup guitar with no floyd rose.
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Any suggetions that stem out of the ordinary? Although I would like to stay as close to the LP style as possible <3
i like the JB/Jazz combo by seymour duncan, the jazz is definitely my favorite neck pickup, but if the JB is too trebly for you i'd say get the SD Custom.

btw, i'd say go for at least the agile 3100