Has anyone read this book? If you have, what did you think of it? I'm reading it now, and I really like it. The writing style is interesting, and the plot keeps me engaged while I'm reading it. Its not predictable or anything, and its kind of got a lyrical, poetic element to it. What do the rest of you (that have read it) think?
Pure excellence. McCarthy has a very lyrical, almost free-verse voicing in it. One of the best novels I've ever read.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
well, I'm glad I'm not the only UG-er that can actually read, lol. Looks like its just the two of though.
Really good book. Loved the writing style, how it lyrical and just different. Also cant wait for the movie, from the pics ive seen it looks like it should be good.
No, but I want to. I am currently reading All the Pretty Horses by McCarthy which is good so far.
It's a great book, but I think it lacked in depth compared to some of his other works. What got me in to C-Mac was No Country (the movie), and since then I've read The Road, No Country, and Blood Meridian. I rate the other two books above The Road highly. That's not to say that I didn't thoroughly enjoy The Road, just that I had to stop, think, and contemplate the other two.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
He's a great writer, and I really enjoyed that novel, however depressing and bleak it was.
He manages to incorporate this wonderfully lyrical tone into everything he writes.
No Country For Old Men was great too, but I have yet to see the film..

^I didn't know The Road was being made into a film? If it's faithful to the novel I should think it would be well worth seeing.
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
^No Country For Old Men is one of my favorite films of all time. Astounding cinematography and presence, it's screenplay is very faithful to the source. Plus the actor who plays Anton Chigur truly did justice to the character, making him one of films most memorable villains.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right