I was on youtube looking around and I came across a video with the the guitarist from heavy heavy low low useing a danelectro, and I really like'd the crunch he got out of it. but I don't trust most audio clips from live videos.

Linkage.

Can it be done?

Could I play grindcore,hardcore,expermental with lipstick pickups?

any info would be appreciated.
Probably not grindcore. But with an ISP Decimator-type pedal, i think you could get some decent gain from em.
Well, I know GuitarFetish.com makes lipstick tube humbuckers. Take a look at those, maybe?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I wouldn't know, honestly. Show me what you're talking about, and I'll tell you.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Oh, right, that guitar.

Well, yeah, same general concept, though I don't think they make 7-string pickups. Lemme find you the link....

http://store.guitarfetish.com/prlipi.html

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I've owned a Danelectro, I loved the tone, but the build quality was pretty poor, parts worked themselves loose after a short while, and the frets wore down really quick. Real shame because it did sound great. I might have just had a bad one, I'm tempted to try them again.
There's a series of new reissues coming out this year, based on the Silvertone amp-in-case models. Normal guitar, baritone guitar, short-scale bass, standard-scale bass. If you don't mind them only having 19 frets, check them out, they look as cool as hell.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Any guitar can put through a distrotion pedal...

I mean any.

The only thing that would surprise me, if it sounded good.