Basically I am trying to get a nice sound from my acoustic guitar. I simply want to record into audacity and lay vocals over that. Or be able to play rhythm guitar and then solo over that.

What is my easiest option? I am on a budget of 150... I know cheap. Should a just get a cheap mic and a toneport gx?

PLEASE HELP ME!
thanks =)
m-audio 990/911 package works wonders for only $100. im not sure if they still include a interface /db

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
I second the 990/991, great for acoustic and vocals even. it only comes with a preamp though so youll need some type of interface. you should be able to get a good used interface on ebay and with only two mics being used you can go with a USB unit.

I suggest something by m-audio. The toneports only have one input for a mic if you go cheap and to me they are not great for the price...

Some products to look for:
PreSonus Inspire 1394 FireWire Audio Interface
Tascam US144 USB 2.0
E-MU 0404 USB 2.0

Youll want to stick with an interface with two xlr inputs and at least two preamps, one for each mic input. also be sure it has phantom power for the condenser mics.

also see this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-US144-Interface-and-990991-Mic-Pack-Bundle?sku=241736

If you can find that on ebay or somewhere you are set to go.
actually, i'm kind of short on cash so i bought a 1/4 to a mic input jack and it sounds excellent for such a cheap box. I just spend $100 on a usb keyboard so hopefuly ill have enough cash to get a real interface soon.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
im sure he doesent expect excellent quality with only 150 but the point is to try to get it done cheaply yes it does produce quite a bit of noise and humm, but hey you get what you pay for!

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
i've done decent for less. my interface/preamps cost me nothing more than 80$...
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.