My friend was playing earlier today and he did this cool thing that sounded like the open e triplets on Murmaider (Dethklok) . When i asked him what it was he said it was tremello(? on the spelling). he tried to teach me but i couldnt get it! any advice at all? Thanks in advance!
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER . you mean like a whammy bar? or am i retarded? it could also be a pinch harmonic
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
yes tremolo picking. yes you are retarded...... no im just playin. it looks like this ----000---000---000---000---000---000---000
Quote by Flare83
My friend was playing earlier today and he did this cool thing that sounded like the open e triplets on Murmaider (Dethklok) . When i asked him what it was he said it was tremello(? on the spelling). he tried to teach me but i couldnt get it! any advice at all? Thanks in advance!

Those at the beginning of Murmaider are not triplets, they are gallops; triplets are three evenly spaced notes.

They key with learning things like that is starting off at a speed you're comfortable with and doing it for as long as you can then pushing the metronome up a bit and doing it again until you can't go any faster then stop and do it all again the next day until you can get to the speed you want for a long enough period of time.

Also the picking should be in a constant down up down *space* down up down pattern.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yes tremolo picking.... i cant connect the second "down" with the others...
Quote by Flare83
yes tremolo picking.... i cant connect the second "down" with the others...

1 - That's not tremolo picking, tremolo picking is a continuous stream of alternate picked notes at a constant speed.

2 - Just get a metronome and slow it down until you can get it and speed it up gradually; you'll get it, it just takes practice like everything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.