Page 1 of 5
A friend told me that one can of Coca-Cola has equal negative health ricks as one cigarette. I don't believe it, and couldn't find his source. Does anyone know what the source of this information could be?

... And, Do you believe it?
sup?
No. I do not believe it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
there is no source.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
NEGATIVE
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by JC13
No, it isn't true. I didn't even bother to look up sources, but I'm pretty sure it's common logic that all of the stuff they put into a cigarette doesn't do nearly as much as a can of coke...

sup?
Nope. Coke is just a soft drink, nothing bad. And if it was they would have to put it on the can like cigarettes do.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Fail.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
i don't see how you could measure that. coke is definitely not good for you and if you had 40 cans of coke a day it would be pretty unhealthy... not sure if it would be quite as bad as 40 cigarettes though. meh.
from daylight...
...into darkness
pshhhh, coke sucks pepsi rules!

.....I'm kidding Coke kicks the **** out of pepsi.

And anyone who thinks a can of coke is as bad as a cig is a ****wit asshat.
Quote by JC13
No, it isn't true. I didn't even bother to look up sources, but I'm pretty sure it's common logic that all of the stuff they put into a cigarette doesn't do nearly as much as a can of coke... The drink, smartasses.

That's why I smoke Winston's, no additives - just sweet, sweet tobaccer. Hell, there's probably other crap in there but I'm not really concerned given how rarely I smoke.

I definitely don't believe this at all.
i dont believe it. well maybe, but junk food and cigarettes target different parts of your health
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Agreed.
sup?
You'd have to be 18 to buy soda then, if Coke was as unhealthy. But you dont have to be, therefore we can use this thing we call a 'brain' and come to the conclusion that coke =/= cigarettes.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
drink 25 cans of coke a day and find out
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
if it is then i should have lung cancer by now.

i don't.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Filth And Lies!
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Right, cause the FDA would allow the selling of coke to minors if it was. God how stupid do these cigarette companies think we are? They said that a glass of milk is as bad as a cigarette.

Oh, ok
Quote by JagStang5246
Pepsi and Coke aint got nothin' on Dr. Pepper.

Pepsi >>> Dr Pepper > Mountain Dew >>>>>>>>>>>> Coke
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
at the comments... I don't believe it, though i think it's possible that there could be equal health risks. Most smokers smoke about a pack a day... that's 20-25 cigarettes, usually. I think you'd find you would be very unhealthy if you drank 25 cans of Coca-Cola for most of your life...
sup?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
pshhhh, coke sucks pepsi rules!

And anyone who thinks a can of coke is as bad as a cig is a ****wit asshat.

I was going to tell you, do what the guy in your picture does, but then I read the rest of what you typed.

Pepsi=watered down coke.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:

QFNTW

(quoted for no truth whatsoever).
YES ITS TRUE. COKE IS PROVEN TO KILL! DON'T DRINK IT.

In all seriousness, are you serous? Lol Think about it....

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by BillieJoeFreak:

Quote by JagStang5246
I'll compromise...Nothing tastes better on a hot summer day than an ice cold Pepsi.

QFLTTPPITWP

(quoted for less truth than previous post if that was possible)
It sounds far fetched.

Fizzy drinks are a major component of our obesity crisis though.

It could be that the stats on obesity related illnesses like Type II diabetes etc correlate well with soda like the stats on fags correlate well with lung cancer etc.
i'll be honest, i like pepsi more than coke. this is probably because i gained a taste for coke in Costa Rica, where it's about 5 times sweeter. it's very bland here in the US.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Along the lines of Coke being as bad as a cig, I've also heard that Energy Drinks are bad on the liver. Not as bad as alcohol, but bad none the less.
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Psh. It's only unhealthy if you think it is. It's all in your mind. My grandpa has been smoking at least a pack of cigarettes a day since he was 12. He's 78 now and still in perfect health because i he never thought it wasn't healthy. My friend Ryan smokes marijuana more than anyone i've heard of, he even smokes inside our school. He has a 4.0 GPA, but then again he doesn't think marijuana is bad for him either. I drink more Pepsi, Coke, Energy Drinks Etc. Etc. more than anyone i know at least 4 or 5 a day. Im not fat, im not out of shape, and i don't have diabetes... that's because i think it's horse**** that it's unhealthy.

Now of course im not saying, if you think cutting yourself is okay you won't die, since that would be stupid, but seriously, half of the **** they say is unhealthy for you is only unhealthy once you start thinking it is.

Wow...
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Quote by freedoms_stain
It sounds far fetched.

Fizzy drinks are a major component of our obesity crisis though.

It could be that the stats on obesity related illnesses like Type II diabetes etc correlate well with soda like the stats on fags correlate well with lung cancer etc.

Well lack of exercise contributes to obesity!

1 hour of couch-sitting is as bad as a cigarette!
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Psh. It's only unhealthy if you think it is. It's all in your mind. My grandpa has been smoking at least a pack of cigarettes a day since he was 12. He's 78 now and still in perfect health because i he never thought it wasn't healthy. My friend Ryan smokes marijuana more than anyone i've heard of, he even smokes inside our school. He has a 4.0 GPA, but then again he doesn't think marijuana is bad for him either. I drink more Pepsi, Coke, Energy Drinks Etc. Etc. more than anyone i know at least 4 or 5 a day. Im not fat, im not out of shape, and i don't have diabetes... that's because i think it's horse**** that it's unhealthy.

Now of course im not saying, if you think cutting yourself is okay you won't die, since that would be stupid, but seriously, half of the **** they say is unhealthy for you is only unhealthy once you start thinking it is.

i should start eating mcdonalds everyday now, becuase i dont THINK its unhealthy.
futball season and football season.
Quote by James_Het_Rules

Sorry dude, but you can't take like 3 examples that prove your point and ignore the millions of others that don't.
Page 1 of 5