Page 1 of 2
If this has been done before I'm sorry. I DID check the searchbar though...
Anyways this show is truely epic.

Can't wait for the new episode tonight!

Discuss?
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
There's already a Simpson's thread.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
There's already a Simpson's thread.

kaycool. But what does that have to do with this one.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
looks good . brian's mystery son?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
They already have a Simpsons Thread

That was cold. =P

I can see where you come from, but Family Guy isn't THAT similar.

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
That was cold. =P

Fat dumb father, mother who just stays at home does housework and take care of the baby, fat dumb son, daughter unpopular at school. Hmmm.....
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
When What Channel???
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
The Simpsons ftw.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Fat dumb father, mother who just stays at home does housework and take care of the baby, fat dumb son, daughter unpopular at school. Hmmm.....

however Brian and Stewie aren't parallelled to the Simpsons although Peter and Lois are somewhat suspicious
and the supporting characters are just plain better =P

its a good show

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by floppypick
When What Channel???

FOX in 5 minutes on the East Coast

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
however Brian and Stewie aren't parallelled to the Simpsons although Peter and Lois are somewhat suspicious
and the supporting characters are just plain better =P

its a good show

They have a dog and a baby too you know
it's funny how you find two differences and call the show wholly unique off of those two obvious plays on the simpson

family guy is the most, uncreative, unoriginal show I've ever seen.
they've even ripped off episodes of the simpsons and plot lines, theres plenty of vids on youtube to prove it.

the shows a ripoff, and it's terrible too
they have no way to put in a joke in the storyline without it being a flashback, and of course they have the moronic 5 minute chicken fights, so enjoy your new episode full of unoriginal, unfunny, crap.
Quote by Typik
it's funny how you find two differences and call the show wholly unique off of those two obvious plays on the simpson

they've even ripped off episodes of the simpsons and plot lines, theres plenty of vids on youtube to prove it.

they have no way to put in a joke in the storyline without it being a flashback, and of course they have the moronic 5 minute chicken fights, so enjoy your new episode full of unoriginal, unfunny, crap.

because the new simpsons episodes are SOOOO much funnier...

right?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
To end the arguments:

The Simpsons have a movie...Family Guy don't.

/thread
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
The simpsons is not like family guy that much. I love both, but Simpsons has a plot more than family guy, which is just a bunch of one liners.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Sol9989
because the new simpsons episodes are SOOOO much funnier...

right?

Much more creative too. Thanks for agreeing.
Quote by hazardmaster
To end the arguments:

The Simpsons have a movie...Family Guy don't.

/thread

idiot

family guy has two movies. Stewie Griffin - The untold story, and Blue harvest. Both of which are good.

Family Guy FTW

join this

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/fgclub/
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
FOX in 5 minutes on the East Coast

aye I missed it, but it's on again at 12.

Recording ftw!!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
That was cold. =P

yeah, I definitely see the influence and similarities, but Family Guy has its own sense of humor and own characters and own attributes.
Quote by Typik

dont give me that, just because theres a dog and baby doesnt make it a copy, one.

two, youre on an internet forum complaining about family guy because you think you have a valuable opinion says something about ur character buddy

Quote by TinPants
yeah, I definitely see the influence and similarities, but Family Guy has its own sense of humor and own characters and own attributes.

thankyou.

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by hawk5211
idiot

family guy has two movies. Stewie Griffin - The untold story, and Blue harvest. Both of which are good.

Family Guy FTW

join this

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/fgclub/

Stewie Griffin The Untold Story was a DVD film! Never showed in the cinemas, so I wouldn't call it a proper movie. Same with Blue Harvest, and Blue Harvest was an episode.

EDIT: Here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewie_Griffin_The_Untold_Story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Harvest
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
dont give me that, just because theres a dog and baby doesnt make it a copy, one.

two, youre on an internet forum complaining about family guy because you think you have a valuable opinion says something about ur character buddy

thankyou.

I know that doesn't make it a copy, you missed what I said, you claimed that family guy was different from the simpsons because they have a dog and a baby, I said it was still similar because the simpsons has a dog and a baby too

two, I'm on a thread, concerning family guy, that you made, arguing that yes it is a ripoff of the simpsons, I'm still discussing family guy, since when did my "Character" come into play in the conversation? I was just making a valid point, based off not my "Valuable opinion" but my valuable facts aswell
i agree that the simpsons movie was good (the new episodes are iffy though)

why is it that you cant just like both bands, both shows, or both whatever? serioulsy

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by hazardmaster
Stewie Griffin The Untold Story was a direct-to-DVD film! Never showed in the cinemas, so I wouldn't call it a proper movie. Same with Blue Harvest, and Blue Harvest was an episode.

along with that, blue harvest was abunch of star wars jokes
oh wowww, thats new and definitely NOT unoriginal. Oh please, when Family guy has a genuine original idea will be the day I give up guitar.
Quote by TinPants
yeah, I definitely see the influence and similarities, but Family Guy has its own lame, unfunny sense of humor and own unoriginal characters and own shitty attributes.
Agree

It makes me sad that people can watch Family Guy and think it's funny.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Typik
oh wowww, thats new and definitely NOT unoriginal. Oh please, when Family guy has a genuine original idea will be the day I give up guitar.

In addition to THAT, Blue Harvest was crap so they ripped the whole 'movie' off Star Wars. The Simpsons Movie was never rushed, and has original content.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by Typik
Robot Chicken's Star Wars episode was so much better anyways.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by hazardmaster
In addition to THAT, Blue Harvest was crap so they ripped the whole 'movie' off Star Wars. The Simpsons Movie was never rushed, and has original content.

Yeah it sucked, lucky I got to see if for free.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Han Solo-
Lucky there's nothing stopping or blasting us.

Stormtroopers-
"Stop them. Blast them"
Quote by chrismetal86
kaycool. But what does that have to do with this one.

You don't get that joke? How family guy is apparently plagiarised from the simpsons.
The beauty of Family Guy is an element of unoriginality

Seth MacFarlene said at one poitn that fmaily guy is a "mirror pointed at society that says "we dont like you""

it captures societys flaws so well not to mention in a humorous fashion

My Gear:
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
The beauty of Family Guy is an element of unoriginality

Seth MacFarlene said at one poitn that fmaily guy is a "mirror pointed at society that says "we dont like you""

it captures societys flaws so well not to mention in a humorous fashion
Yeah Family Guy is great satire.

Plus there's about 100000000000000000 Family Guy threads, so even this thread is unoriginal.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Family Guy. A rip-off of the Simpsons? Maybe. Funnier than the Simpsons? Definitely.
No.. not even a question. The original simpsons you just can't beat!! The original family guy episodes are funnier than today's simpsons episodes, thats not even a question.

But does anyone agree that the new Family Guy's are just horrible?? I can't stand watching them anymore.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

That's every live action sitcom as well.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by hazardmaster

I have to disagree, Simpsons Movie was just one overextended "new-Simpsons calibre" episode. It had a few funny bits but nothing special. And it was rushed, there were disjointed bits everywhere and the storyline was sub-par, totally reliant on the bad jokes of one character and I think you know which one.

And no, they didn't rip off a whole movie, Blue Harvest satirised the many elements present in A New Hope, they provided a completely new spin on it and it was witty. In that case, every intertextual reference is a rip-off, according to your thesis. Simpsons ripped off early sitcoms, every reference they have ever made to pop culture or another text is a ripoff. You are an idiot. Simpsons based a whole episode on Pulp Fiction, were they ripping that off?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Typik
Much more creative too. Thanks for agreeing.

My god, the centre piece of your argument is just denial and 5-year-old mindless false acknowledgement. You are a tool, with no actual evidence to back up your claims.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Just saw the latest episode.

Yet more bitter disappointment.

If this series doesn't start picking up I think they should just cancel it for good.
Yeah, even though I love the show, the last few episodes have sucked.
I really enjoy family guy. I find it as funny as simpsons but definately a different category of humor. Family guy is brilliant IMHO.

In order I'd say

South park
Family Guy
The Simpsons

As my list of favorite animated tv shows.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Page 1 of 2