So, I decided to replace my non-working stock speakers in my '92 Nissan King Cab.

I put them in, but had to make my own ends for the wires, to hook them up. Now I'm getting this annoying "rattle" noise from the right speaker if there's even the tiniest bit of bass.

Those who know anything about car audio, or audio in general, please help a noob out! (By suggesting how I may fix this, besides bringing it in to some sort of professional)

EDIT: THose are the speakers - http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-XPLOD-XS-W4021-4-COAXIAL-CAR-MOBILE-SPEAKER-SET_W0QQitemZ250241265450QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14938QQcmdZViewItem
screw it in tighter
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Screw it in tighter?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I don't believe it's vibrating, it's in there nice and tight, It seems to be an electronic "rattle" (I don't know how to describe it better).

But I'll check just in case, thanks.
Quote by Sooopo
I don't believe it's vibrating, it's in there nice and tight, It seems to be an electronic "rattle" (I don't know how to describe it better).

But I'll check just in case, thanks.

Rape it.

/thread
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
the speaker might be blown... try with a different speaker

EDIT: actually, just throw them away and stay the fuck away from Sony's xplod products, they're horrible.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
i know exactly what you mean about the sound, my friend's car used to have that in his back speakers, we had to turn the bass all the way down.
and yea, it wasnt like a physical rattling sound, it was like bad connection/ damaged speaker rattling sound.

sorry i don't have any suggestions for you though, his car just broke down and he got a new one with working speakers :P
Quote by hawk5211
thats not surprising due to the size of those speakers. Small speakers can't handle bass all that well. I love the 6x9's in my car. Lots of bass.

Yeah, but I didn't really wanna have to cut out part of my door to fit larger speakers in, that would make me cry.

Anyways, it was suggested by a friend that my deck's amp could be overheating, is that plausible?
Quote by Sooopo
Yeah, but I didn't really wanna have to cut out part of my door to fit larger speakers in, that would make me cry.

Anyways, it was suggested by a friend that my deck's amp could be overheating, is that plausible?

Nah, doubt that could be it.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by icon_player_5

EDIT: actually, just throw them away and stay the fuck away from Sony's xplod products, they're horrible.

+1
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.