hey right now my electric guitar & amp are from a sucky squire pack. im thinking of gettin somethin else but not sure what. what is something good, but not too pricey
get an epiphone LP 100 and a roland cube 20w

about $250 for LP and $150 for roland cube (if you order from guitarcenter.com)
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Valve junior, Peavey royal 8, Palomino V 8.

New AMP.

Mmmm.... yes.

Remember that most of your sound comes from your amp. Crate Palominos are dang good for the price, and if you're going heavier in sound, just pick up a digitech bad monkey. Of course we're suggesting a good tube amp. If you're gonna be doing a band situation anytime soon, you might wanna go for 30 watts or more.

If you're set on getting a new guitar, I suggest looking into PRS SE models, great quality.
I would suggest Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, tuner and bridge upgrade, and then spend the rest on an awesome amp.
Quote by signal_fire
get an epiphone LP 100 and a roland cube 20w

about $250 for LP and $150 for roland cube (if you order from guitarcenter.com)

FAIL
He has 1000 bucks and you suggest a roland and a cheap LP?

Peavey classic 30, Palomino, B-52, Maybe a used marshall combo or a ceriatone, a carvin vintage, blackheart handsome devil, maybe even the hothead if it's not too expensive. You could find a used Mesa express, Fender Blues junior, blues deluxe maybe a twin reverb? There are so many good amp choices. Get a good amp together, than worry about a guitar. Although a MIM strat might be a good idea later