i'm brand new to recording and i want to be able to record my acoustic, me electric and vocals on top of each other one at a time. what gear do i need to get/what do you guys reccommend
youll want some type of interface but I suggest staying away from the Toneports as they are 1.1 usb and not great for the price IMO...

look though tweaks guide and their board (linked in my sig) and figure out what you need, then research everything before buying making sure the interface and mics you get are compatible.
And, do you plan on using two microphones at a time?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
A budget would be nice to have here.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
are you running a desktop or laptop?

Im thinking this set:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-US144-Interface-and-990991-Mic-Pack-Bundle?sku=241736

It's not a high end setup but it will work and is around your budget.
The 990 and 991 are great mics for acoustic when used together and I like the sound of the 991 for vocals.
That's a good recommendation, and one of the best you'll get on a tight budget such as yours for recording acoustic.
There is poetry in despair.
You may want to factor in the price of headphones, unless you have an accurate closed/semi-open pair (the cheapest I'd go is the $20 HD202 from Sennheiser). The package is also seconded by me.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I agree on the HD201's from Sennheiser too. They are a good set of cans for the price. I use them at college and there's not much better for the price IMO.

The 'phones I have at home are horrible, and I could never use them for mixing. They don't really perform very well for tracking, but I'm not too worried about that. For mixing though, you definitely want a decent pair. Monitors are much better, but you won't really be able to fit them into your budget.
There is poetry in despair.