Page 1 of 5
Want to know the secret to kickass guitar playing?

Being a kickass enthusiastic student and sacrificing A LOT of your time and energy.

Steve Vai wasn't born a great guitarist. He didn't all the sudden get good either.

The man practices 12 hours a day or something!

Check this out ... There's this old story about one of the greatest piano players in the world.

After a performance one night a lady walks up to him and says, "I'D GIVE ANYTHING TO PLAY LIKE YOU!"

The pianist looks her in the eye and says, "No you wouldn't."
True. Pointless, but 100% true.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I thought it was the pick of destiny.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Dillona
I thought it was the pick of destiny.

It is the Pick of Destiny. This guy is talking bollocks.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
O lol silly me I thot I needed a lez pal.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Do you really think so? Of course it is. If I've learned anything in my time at UG, it's that practice is the only way to be able to play well.
It's more than practicing. It's sacrificing in order to practice. And it's staying focused and enthusiastic and excited. That's just a little more to say than just "practice makes perfect."

Easier said than done!
Quote by InanezGuitars44

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I always figured your level of playing was directly proportional to A) How many watts your amp is and B) How much preamp distortion you are getting from said amp. Weird.....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Thank you for your revalation.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by hippiecrack69
pfft, drugs are the secret.

Works for Keith Richards
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I like how he says that it takes practice, dedication and commitment to play guitar well and then in his sig he has a link to "how to triple your speed in 3 days".
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
I like how he says that it takes practice, dedication and commitment to play guitar well and then in his sig he has a link to "how to triple your speed in 3 days".

Why else would I say that?

Because it's totally possible. Doesn't mean you wouldn't be working hard during those three days smart guy.
Quote by Garou1911
Works for Keith Richards

yeah no sh|t... that guys like 200!
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Despite practice being the only way, hypothetically if there were a magic guitar pill that made you excellent... you would take it.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by thankyougermany
I always figured your level of playing was directly proportional to A) How many watts your amp is and B) How much preamp distortion you are getting from said amp. Weird.....

i used to think the same thing
Quote by Bushinarin
Despite practice being the only way, hypothetically if there were a magic guitar pill that made you excellent... you would take it.

Shoot yeah I'd take it. I'd punch the guy in the face who's holding the pill, take it, and swig it down right away.
So you mean stuffing my rectum with grapes won't give me awesome guitar skills?

Damn internet guitar lesson scams...
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by Jason_Parker
Why else would I say that?

Because it's totally possible. Doesn't mean you wouldn't be working hard during those three days smart guy.

There is nothing you can do that would improve your playing that drastically in 3 days. THe thing that draws my attention is that you are talking about professional guitarists having unparalled dedication and time allocation towards their instrument, playing ardently with commitment and perseverance, as well as the fact the no-one gets good overnight, then, in your signature, you proclaim, without any background information, how one could astronomically improve their playing in the matter of a weekend. It's overtly contradictory.

Do I really even need to explain the psychology of your self-indlugnet notions? You really elevate yourself as a good guitarist don't you, what with educating us peons about your abilities. Besides, instead of bitching about the commitment it takes to get good at your instrument and the way no one is a great guiatrist without practice, why don't you actually go practice?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
There is nothing you can do that would improve your playing that drastically in 3 days. THe thing that draws my attention is that you are talking about professional guitarists having unparalled dedication and time allocation towards their instrument, playing ardently with commitment and perseverance, as well as the fact the no-one gets good overnight, then, in your signature, you proclaim, without any background information, how one could astronomically improve their playing in the matter of a weekend. It's overtly contradictory.

Do I really even need to explain the psychology of your self-indlugnet notions? You really elevate yourself as a good guitarist don't you, what with educating us peons about your abilities. Besides, instead of bitching about the commitment it takes to get good at your instrument and the way no one is a great guiatrist without practice, why don't you actually go practice?

Why don't you try the 3 day program instead of bitching?

BTW, Incubus sucks.
Quote by Jason_Parker
Why don't you try the 3 day program instead of bitching?

BTW, Incubus sucks.

Because I really don't wanna endorse another "miracle cure" from a guy who has done nothing but verbally assault everyone who opposes his self-indulgent and whimsical philosophies on education to people who he obviously thinks are inferior to him.

And have you got any proof to verify your "Incubus sucks" statement, or are you just making a rueful attempt to be spiteful?
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Because I really don't wanna endorse another "miracle cure" from a guy who has done nothing but verbally assault everyone who opposes his self-indulgent and whimsical philosophies on education to people who he obviously thinks are inferior to him.

And have you got any proof to verify your "Incubus sucks" statement, or are you just making a rueful attempt to be spiteful?

Sorry... I don't speak Incub-ish.

Proof is in the suckyness.
Quote by Jason_Parker
Sorry... I don't speak Incub-ish.

Proof is in the suckyness.

Why should I bother fighting with you? It's like having a conflict with a chimpanzee.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Eh, I'm happy practising three hours a day. You don't have to practise twelve hours a day and dedicate your life to the guitar to be a great player.
It's all in the hips.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by IncubusMan999
Why should I bother fighting with you? It's like having a conflict with a chimpanzee.

I don't know... Why are you bothering then, brilliant guy?

Why don't you go do mathematics on a chalk board in your bedroom or something?
Quote by Jason_Parker
I don't know... Why are you bothering then, brilliant guy?

Why don't you go do mathematics on a chalk board in your bedroom or something?

Your lack of intelligence and understanding is actually making me laugh. My god you are an idiot. Why would I go do mathematics on a chalkboard, in my room? I hate Maths, you twat, nor would I think you actually believe I keep a chalkboard in the house, let alone my room. Maybe you should actually review what you are saying and compare it to what you actually know about my personality beofre you make these ambiguous and uninformed judgments if you want to get personal over it due to the fact that you can't substantiate any of your previous claims.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 5