Page 1 of 2
So I went to this coffee shop yesterday, called the Crimson cup, me and my girlfriend came to see this soul acoustic guy named Josh Johnson, reeeeally great musician, I always like small gigs, normally people are quiet, and appreciate the musical value

but as you've noticed, Coffee shops have become flocking places places for stereotypical, cliche teenagers that you'd normally see on myspace to come and get a cup of all cream and one drop of coffee and call the whole thing "Coffee" in order to seem mature.

so me and my girlfriend were listening with a few other people, he was playing one of his songs, two girls like the people i previously mentioned bust in the door and notice that the music is a tidbit loud, now they're friends but for some reason while they hang out together they find it necessary to completely ignore each other and talk on their phones to other friends who they're probably planning on hanging out with and talking to their other friends on the phone about the next time they'll hang out too,
but while talking, they found it necessary to do it REALLY DAMN LOUD
because the music was interrupting their intelligent conversation about which is better, myspace or facebook.

now they did this for the next two hours while everyone else gave them glares, they weren't talking about anything generally important at ALL either, but they sure thought it was "OMG BRAD BROKE UP WITH KRISTEN? EEEE" and all this crap

everytime people would give them glares they'd look back and look at them like "Um, wtf is your problem? geez" and then keep on talking louder than the guitar and singer, just to talk to their friends on the phone while hanging out with their other friends they should be talking to personally imo

now I know this thread is overtly typical in the pit "Annoying kids interrupting the show" and all that, but I had to rant

Discuss:
Scenes like this?

tl;dr
Listening to music, girls interrupt, annoying 15 year old brats
I hate those kids.

Really coffee and tea drinkers brew their own.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
...yeah, and all us 19 year olds probably think of you as an annoying 16/17 year old brat as well.

people are annoying, that's life. you were probably equally obnoxious at 15. you'll probably think 17 year olds are obnoxious when you're 19. and when you're in your 30s, you'll laugh at all the kids and their silly fads.

bitching about it is just as bad as doing it, imo they're not hurting anyone, they're just doing what kids do.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
...yeah, and all us 19 year olds probably think of you as an annoying 16/17 year old brat as well.

people are annoying, that's life. you were probably equally obnoxious at 15. you'll probably think 17 year olds are obnoxious when you're 19. and when you're in your 30s, you'll laugh at all the kids and their silly fads.

bitching about it is just as bad as doing it, imo they're not hurting anyone, they're just doing what kids do.

Even as TS I guess I can agree :] I've been through those cheesy fads before
+1
Seriously why didn't you tell them to shut the FUKC up? I would have.
I got some good guitars, yo.
in that scenario, you have to go for the public belittlement, between songs...u embarrass them, and if it was justified (it sounds like it), you'll get an ovation ; )
You should've just said, "Hey! Shut the **** up, we're trying to listen to music here!"
This is why it should be legal to mercilessly beat anyone from 13 - 17. If you're acting like a douche we should be able to do what your parents aren't willing to.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by SilentDeftone
Don't complain if you didn't have the balls to ask them to STFU.

-SD

SD speaks the truth.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
... public place is it not?

And if you don't have the balls to talk to the people directly, there usually are managers at places of employment...
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by freedoms_stain
I hate music in coffee places. It's supposed to be unobtrusive. But usually it's obtrusive and/or lame.

I can agree under certain circumstances, but this guy was really creative with his music, great writer too, normally at the coffee shop I see abunch of kids playing acoustic versions of creed, but this guy wasn't one of them,
I drove all those types out of my favorite coffee shop back home in Rochester. I'm good friends with the owner and he hates those types of people too. So basically what I'm saying is tell them to take the loud annoying conversations outside or you'll take you blazing hot coffee and throw it at their faces. That worked for me.

EDIT: Plus, me and the guy who owns it usually just sit outside, talk and smoke cigarettes anyway, so I don't even see the annoying 15yr olds as you call them.
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by marshmellow666
ass

and titties.

But anyway, it happens just sit back and ignore them enjoy the music.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by rock_star77
... public place is it not?

And if you don't have the balls to talk to the people directly, there usually are managers at places of employment...

I generally try to remain respectful of other people, even if they're being a douche.
Quote by Typik
Even as TS I guess I can agree :] I've been through those cheesy fads before
+1

when i remember the shit i wore and did when i was 14, i can't help but hate my past self, lol.

neon wristbands and purple lipstick were NEVER cool.

MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
when i remember the shit i wore and did when i was 14, i can't help but hate my past self, lol.

neon wristbands and purple lipstick were NEVER cool.

Yeah, you've gotta where black wristbands with metal bedazzles and black lipstick!
Quote by Typik
I generally try to remain respectful of other people, even if they're being a douche.

Respect should be earned, not given.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911
Respect should be earned, not given.

Earn yours by giving it to others.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by FOCOrock
Yeah, you've gotta where black wristbands with metal bedazzles and black lipstick!

oh, i went through that phase too. i had a skirt with metal buckles on it and everything.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Earn yours by giving it to others.

Touche
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Most of the young kids don't bother going to the coffeshops anymore because the students usually dominate them and would fry thier puny brains with a good insult.
Quote by esther_mouse
oh, i went through that phase too. i had a skirt with metal buckles on it and everything.

The worst is when people wear pants about 10 sizes too small, so they sit around their upper thigh, and they're really, really tight. I ask them, "Why do you make yourself such an open target for murder?" They usually go back to listening to Tupac and talking about how hard their life is in southeastern Fort Collins, CO, USA, one of the easiest places to live in America (most people here have never even seen a ghetto).
Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

This.
Quote by SilentDeftone

-SD

+2
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by FOCOrock
The worst is when people wear pants about 10 sizes too small, so they sit around their upper thigh, and they're really, really tight. I ask them, "Why do you make yourself such an open target for murder?" They usually go back to listening to Tupac and talking about how hard their life is in southeastern Fort Collins, CO, USA, one of the easiest places to live in America (most people here have never even seen a ghetto).

But DUUUUUDDEEE!

*s0bz* m1 bFf SaraHH d1dnt 1nv1t3 m3 t0 h3r bAr m1tzvah, aNd d3n, my m0Mm1 w0udnT by m3 t3h 1ph0n3!!!!1!1!1!!11
Quote by SilentDeftone
You can tell a person to STFU respectfully.

-SD

Yes, such as: "STFU please, many thanks"
Quote by FOCOrock

haha, i never wore tight jeans, that wasn't popular five years ago. it was all about "grungers", "goffs" and "townies" back then. baggy jeans, big boots, black shirts, or corsets, lacy skirts, and big boots, not to mention copious black hairdye with colourful variants on the ends or underneath. oh and those horrific armwarmers, and knee length stripey socks. do people still wear those?

my sense of style has improved greatly, lol.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by KetchupLad14
But DUUUUUDDEEE!

*s0bz* m1 bFf SaraHH d1dnt 1nv1t3 m3 t0 h3r bAr m1tzvah, aNd d3n, my m0Mm1 w0udnT by m3 t3h 1ph0n3!!!!1!1!1!!11

Exactly. Just through in the words 'n*gger' and 'f*ck' and you'll be just like them.
Lemme tell ya story. This occured at the Roger Waters concert I was at about a year and a half ago. Me and a friend of mine got stuck behind this row of 5 guys (not kids but guys in their 40s) that just would not stfu. I mean they were loud and annoying. We put up with it for the entire 1st half of the show. The band had an intermission break before coming back out to play Dark Side of the Moon. These asshats in front of us went of to get some beers or smoke or whatever so I took advantage of their absence to go and buy each one a coke. My friend couldn't believe it when I poured each coke all over their seats. Was quite humorous when they came back. I got a standing "O" from the other folks in the area as these clowns stormed off.
Moral of the story - If you get up and come back to a soaking wet seat, you're loud and obnoxious, and I'm sitting behind you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by esther_mouse
haha, i never wore tight jeans, that wasn't popular five years ago. it was all about "grungers", "goffs" and "townies" back then. baggy jeans, big boots, black shirts, or corsets, lacy skirts, and big boots, not to mention copious black hairdye with colourful variants on the ends or underneath. oh and those horrific armwarmers, and knee length stripey socks. do people still wear those?

my sense of style has improved greatly, lol.

Some do, but they're into either the tight clothes, really baggy 'zipper' jeans, or the G-Unit 50 Cent bullcrap. At least in my town they are...
Quote by Jackal58
Lemme tell ya story. This occured at the Roger Waters concert I was at about a year and a half ago. Me and a friend of mine got stuck behind this row of 5 guys (not kids but guys in their 40s) that just would not stfu. I mean they were loud and annoying. We put up with it for the entire 1st half of the show. The band had an intermission break before coming back out to play Dark Side of the Moon. These asshats in front of us went of to get some beers or smoke or whatever so I took advantage of their absence to go and buy each one a coke. My friend couldn't believe it when I poured each coke all over their seats. Was quite humorous when they came back. I got a standing "O" from the other folks in the area as these clowns stormed off.
Moral of the story - If you get up and come back to a soaking wet seat, you're loud and obnoxious, and I'm sitting behind you.

Win.
I have to say I agree with you. That would annoy the hell out of me that two idiots would come in while people are obviously paying attention to whoever the artist is then try to make the moment about themselves.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Page 1 of 2