Ceriatone 18w head:
this looks like a GREAT amp I haven't been able to try one but I have played a plexi before and absolutley LOVED it. It's a great classic rock/Blues amp (which I play almost exclusevly) and can do some metal when need be with an OD. Hopefully will order this in May.

Avatar 2x12 with greenbacks: Need I say more? will get this with the 18w in May hopefully.

MXR Carbon copy: heard it was a great delay plus its analog.

Boss DD6/EHX Memory man with Hazari: I haven't decided on which of these to get yet Because I want a Delay with tap tempo they bot seem great but I'm leaning towards the EHX because it has a looper and that eliminates that problem.

Ernie Ball Volume pedal: well I need a volume pedal and I've been told this is a very good one.

Vox 847A: I played with this wah awhile and Liked it alot over alot of the other wah's I tried I plan on modding it to true bypass.

MI Audio Crunch box: heard it was a awesome pedal Plan on buying.

Emma RezaFratZitz: I've never played this personally but have heard it played before and its is an amazing sounding pedal to my ears I plan on getting this one.

Digitech bad monkey: I need a good OD and have heard VERY good things about it and tried it once and like it.

Fulltone OCD: my gosh this thing is amazing Definatly want to buy.

Lovepedal 200lbs of tone: heard this a couple times never played it but it sounded great.

EHX small clone: I need a chorus and liked this one the most.

EXH small stone: I also needed a phaser and like this one the most.

MXR117R flanger: well once again I needed a flanger and really like the sound of it and I can do some old school van halen with it lol.

well I think thats it. It's taken me quite some time to come to that conclusion on my gear. I would like to know what you guys would add or take away. or if it's an ok rig. so thanks in advanced!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 28, 2008,
Avatar cab: Go all out and get an EarCandy Cab instead. much better quality.
MXR Pedals: Tone suckers, they advertise as 'True Hardware Bypass' which means NOTHING. Look into other brands, EHX is great.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Avatar cab: Go all out and get an EarCandy Cab instead. much better quality.
MXR Pedals: Tone suckers, they advertise as 'True Hardware Bypass' which means NOTHING. Look into other brands, EHX is great.

earcandy cabs? never heard of them. you got a link?

dang! I really liked that flanger. well ideas?

the MXR carbon copy isn't any good either. well I guess I'll go the memory man way then
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
A good amount of pedals (good pedals too), but I feel that it's a bit overdoing it.
But, we may just have two totally different ideas on rigs.

It seems like you like modulation effects (flange, chorus, phaser), running into one amp. But i'm the kind of person who would have only like OD's and EQ's with an ABY box to switch between amps.
Just make sure that you want those certain effects, and that they'll be put to good use.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I need some new cabs.

Getting a Port City 4x12, Mills Acoustics 2x12

Midi/Ground Control:
Voodoo Lab GCX and ground control pro
G-Major or G-Force

Recording Gear...

I should be set for a good while.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I do need 2 ods and distortions versitality. and I'm getting the TMB version I though I said that sorry.

and dark yah I use those effects quite a bit for church and stuff and they are fun for like van halen and stuff.

I almost forgot. I'm getting a MXR 10 band eq also

MESA did you post in the wrong thread or something? what are you talking about??
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^^ I'm gonna see if Nik well put in a FX loop
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
My guitars need to get a setup, and I don't like my amp. It's just not quite distorted enough. Although that might be fixed when my guitars are properly set up...

I want better cables, power supplies compatible with all my pedals, some replacement pickups, and maybe a fender strat.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Do you need two OD's, two delays, two delays, a chorus, and a volume pedal?

Think about what you play, and where you want to take your sounds with your pedalboard. You want your pedalboard to meld well with your amp, and be both useful and versatile.

Think about OD's. Putting a Bad Monkey next to an OCD strikes me as a little bit wasteful. An OCD and a TS808 I could understand; they're different flavours of OD. Do you use chorus and flanging regularly with your playing, or do you just feel that you "need" those effects, just in case?

Your amp and cab setup strike me as solid, but your pedals seem to just be a long list of "UG's most talked about stompboxes" for 2007. I advise more thinking!
Quote by Bostonrocks
I do need 2 ods and distortions versitality. and I'm getting the TMB version I though I said that sorry.

and dark yah I use those effects quite a bit for church and stuff and they are fun for like van halen and stuff.

I almost forgot. I'm getting a MXR 10 band eq also

MESA did you post in the wrong thread or something? what are you talking about??

I thought we were posting future rig changes

I didn't know we were putting forth ideas about his rig. My bad.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'm thinking you should check out the RMS RVP-100 for a volume pedl. It's a fraction of the Ernie Ball and suits the job amazingly. You shouldn't be paying 100 bucks for a volume pedal when you can get a perfect one for 30.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Do you need two OD's, two delays, two delays, a chorus, and a volume pedal?

Think about what you play, and where you want to take your sounds with your pedalboard. You want your pedalboard to meld well with your amp, and be both useful and versatile.

Think about OD's. Putting a Bad Monkey next to an OCD strikes me as a little bit wasteful. An OCD and a TS808 I could understand; they're different flavours of OD. Do you use chorus and flanging regularly with your playing, or do you just feel that you "need" those effects, just in case?

Your amp and cab setup strike me as solid, but your pedals seem to just be a long list of "UG's most talked about stompboxes" for 2007. I advise more thinking!

hmmm. your right about the ODs. maybe I should get a maxon OD808.

the two delays are because the one is analog and one is digital. maybe I should just get a DD6?

I use flanger and chorus regularly and church so yes

and to the guy above me good idea on that volume pedal looks nice

and to MESA it's fine it was just one of the what is this guy doing moments
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
hmmm. your right about the ODs. maybe I should get a maxon OD808.

the two delays are because the one is analog and one is digital. maybe I should just get a DD6?

I use flanger and chorus regularly and church so yes

Or, buy one of mine! I've been priming enclosures all day...

Play some delays. You might fall into either the digital or analog camp. I had a DD-3 and an Akai Headrush, and neither did it for me, delay wise. I now have an analog EXH Memory Man, and it's everything I need. No tap tempo, no 45 seccond delays with infinite repeats, but it DOES have every delay sound that I could ever want to hear in my rig, for my music.

On the subject of digital delays, the EXH #1 Echo is great for $100.

I'll give on the Flanger bit.

Point: you're looking at an 18 watt amp. I know the 18 watt clone is loud, and dynamic, but you play at church...cleans? Just a thought.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Or, buy one of mine! I've been priming enclosures all day...

Play some delays. You might fall into either the digital or analog camp. I had a DD-3 and an Akai Headrush, and neither did it for me, delay wise. I now have an analog EXH Memory Man, and it's everything I need. No tap tempo, no 45 seccond delays with infinite repeats, but it DOES have every delay sound that I could ever want to hear in my rig, for my music.

On the subject of digital delays, the EXH #1 Echo is great for $100.

I'll give on the Flanger bit.

Point: you're looking at an 18 watt amp. I know the 18 watt clone is loud, and dynamic, but you play at church...cleans? Just a thought.

lol heck no. I don't hardly ever use cleans lol. It's more of a college/high school age church/bible study so we get to rock it out. lol. we do covers here and there and usually keep it pretty rock oriented. solos pounding drums the works.

but when I do use cleans the chorus is awesome same with the flange. but I use just a tad of chorus to fatten up my dirty sound like Tom scholz does
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
That's a whole lot of overdrives.
I'd skip the bad monkey. The monkey is decent on the cheap but you probably won't need it if you have the OCD. The reezafratzitz is probably covered by the OCD and the crunchbox as well.
I'd get a lovepedal purple plexi instead of the crunchbox. The crunchbox is decent but hasn't got nearly the versatility nor the fatness of the purple plexi.
So for OD/fuzz:
OCD, 200lbs, purple plexi. I really like a clean boost in the mix too, to keep levels consistent and boost pedals.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by Roc8995
That's a whole lot of overdrives.
I'd skip the bad monkey. The monkey is decent on the cheap but you probably won't need it if you have the OCD. The reezafratzitz is probably covered by the OCD and the crunchbox as well.
I'd get a lovepedal purple plexi instead of the crunchbox. The crunchbox is decent but hasn't got nearly the versatility nor the fatness of the purple plexi.
So for OD/fuzz:
OCD, 200lbs, purple plexi. I really like a clean boost in the mix too, to keep levels consistent and boost pedals.

the reza seems more distortion than the OCD will the OCD do that?

But I'll look into the purple plexi

thanks for the suggestions guys!

EDIT: just looked up the purple plexi 800. sounds great I'll see if I can find a place to try it out

and I can build a clean boost so it'll be fine
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 27, 2008,
The OCD doesn't have as much gain as the reeza, but if you've got that on plus another OD (plexi, 200lbs, clean boost) plus the amp's OD, will have a huge amount of gain already. You said you play metal occasionally, and I'd think any two of those overdrives on at once would cover you pretty well for that. The reezafratzitz's strength is in is versatility, but you don't seem to need that if you can use two or three overdrives instead of one.

Edit: I really, really like an alnico blue in with a greenback in a 2x12 cab. It keeps things from getting too bassy or muddy. Just a thought.
Quote by Roc8995
The OCD doesn't have as much gain as the reeza, but if you've got that on plus another OD (plexi, 200lbs, clean boost) plus the amp's OD, will have a huge amount of gain already. You said you play metal occasionally, and I'd think any two of those overdrives on at once would cover you pretty well for that. The reezafratzitz's strength is in is versatility, but you don't seem to need that if you can use two or three overdrives instead of one.

Edit: I really, really like an alnico blue in with a greenback in a 2x12 cab. It keeps things from getting too bassy or muddy. Just a thought.

I see waht you are saying.

I thought that the greenbacks had a mid hump in it though???? well maybe I'm wrong. I"m no speaker guru but I was told greenbacks and I know a little about speakers. but I'll look into that idea
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Greenbacks have a little mid-hump but turning up an amp like the 18watt makes it kind of dark, and the greenback doesn't have the high-end presence a Blue has. Plus the Blue is really articulate, which is always good. Two greenbacks don't have the same bite or clarity to my ears.
Quote by Roc8995
Greenbacks have a little mid-hump but turning up an amp like the 18watt makes it kind of dark, and the greenback doesn't have the high-end presence a Blue has. Plus the Blue is really articulate, which is always good. Two greenbacks don't have the same bite or clarity to my ears.

ahh I see. well I'll look into that. Thank you guys so much for the help.

so

for ODs I now have

Love pedal 200lbs and the purple plexi

and a clean boost and and OCD.

And I'll probably take your advice about speakers roc
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
anyone else?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
2 Celestion Classic lead's and 2 G12H's
Holy Grail plus (maybe)
New valves
MXR Carbon Copy (again maybe)
Horlicks: I plan On changes the tubes later definatly.and you think I should keep the carbon copy?

I'm getting a 2x12 though so only 2 speakers sorry
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Oh man, I read this thread so wrong, I thought you were meant to post your own rig and write anything you'd change
Long long list

Hoping to get my Splawn once I get My job in may, Splawn Quickrod head in white with KT77s and gold piping. The cab'll be either an Avatar with V30s or a Splawn cab with sb25s and sb65s.

That or I will have to buy a fender and an OD to make due until i get the splawn

Than I'm getting

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR Phase 90
EHX Micro Synth, or 4ms Nova
EHX Small Clone
RMC Teese Wizard Wah
(and maybe a Cmatmods Signadrive)

And after that I will probably invest in either a JEM777, and a Gibson Les Paul Classic or 61 reissue SG

all recording gear after that...
rofl I think so

maybe I should make a new one with this name lol. seems like a hit? lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Alright, my comments:

MXR Carbon Copy: I'd check out a CMATMODS Deeelay. I've been trying to decide between the Deeelay and Carbon Copy for a while, and so far the Deeelay is winning the race. The two are the same price, and the Deeelay seems to get better reviews (though there are very few soundclips available).

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal: I've heard mixed reviews about this one. Some love it, some say it's terrible.

EXH Small Stone: You could save up for a little longer and get an MXR 1974 Script Reissue Phase 90. Everything I've heard about that pedal has been incredibly positive. Another option is the BYOC Phaser, which you could mod to have a vibe setting as well. I don't have any experience with the Small Stone, so I'm not saying anything against it, I'm just throwing some options out there.

Also, with your amp's natural gain, you shouldn't really need more then 2 standalone OD/Distortions. I shouldn't be talking though because I have three pedals (with a fourth on the way that I am building), plus my amp's OD channel If you've got the money, go for it. For your information, I own an OCD and Crunch Box, I can attest to the fact that they sound great, especially when used together.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
Alright, my comments:

MXR Carbon Copy: I'd check out a CMATMODS Deeelay. I've been trying to decide between the Deeelay and Carbon Copy for a while, and so far the Deeelay is winning the race. The two are the same price, and the Deeelay seems to get better reviews (though there are very few soundclips available).

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal: I've heard mixed reviews about this one. Some love it, some say it's terrible.

EXH Small Stone: You could save up for a little longer and get an MXR 1974 Script Reissue Phase 90. Everything I've heard about that pedal has been incredibly positive. Another option is the BYOC Phaser, which you could mod to have a vibe setting as well. I don't have any experience with the Small Stone, so I'm not saying anything against it, I'm just throwing some options out there.

Also, with your amp's natural gain, you shouldn't really need more then 2 standalone OD/Distortions. I shouldn't be talking though because I have three pedals (with a fourth on the way that I am building), plus my amp's OD channel If you've got the money, go for it. For your information, I own an OCD and Crunch Box, I can attest to the fact that they sound great, especially when used together.

Thanks for the help I'll look into the phase 90.

also I will probably get the OCD I'll think about the cruchn box also
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Not a whole lot of Change my way....

I gues already in 08 I got an Agile AL-3000, and my Blackheart combo,

I am getting the Blackheart LG head and cab too, (free so I will A/B them)

I always have some pedals that I am looking to swap just to try something new, but nothing with my main ones.

Overall I am pretty happy.
Quote by stangconv
Not a whole lot of Change my way....

I gues already in 08 I got an Agile AL-3000, and my Blackheart combo,

I am getting the Blackheart LG head and cab too, (free so I will A/B them)

I always have some pedals that I am looking to swap just to try something new, but nothing with my main ones.

Overall I am pretty happy.

rofl this is like the 5th person thats done this go read this thread once
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
rofl this is like the 5th person thats done this go read this thread once

I thought you wanted to know what everyone would change on their own rig and it was going off topic with people picking apart your plans... LOL

Sorry
Just listen to everyone else.
I'm not a big pedal buff, but it looks like your choices are solid.

Also, this is slightly off topic, but what is that one guitar in your avatar? The bluish one?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Just listen to everyone else.
I'm not a big pedal buff, but it looks like your choices are solid.

Also, this is slightly off topic, but what is that one guitar in your avatar? The bluish one?

It's a dillion LP great guitar for the money They're not heard of very much but imo are better then most low end gibby and all the agiles and beats most epis to. GREAT guitar
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Nice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Nice.

mhmm
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era