i search-barred it and the huge singing thread came on, i don't wanna read through the whole thing so I just wanna ask

what vocal range would most 80s singers be in? Like Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden or the guy from Dokken?
And don't feel bad if you can't do it.
Bon Jovi can't even sing like he used to anymore :/
The lead singer from Journey's voice would crack when he sang high. Just an indication.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
srry for asking but what would falsetto do for me?

@601210

idk, hard to tell after the last time i saw them on TV. he went pretty high when they extended "living on a prayer" (a few months ago)
Quote by Superstrat101
srry for asking but what would falsetto do for me?

It would help you sing in the same vocal range.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Quote by Superstrat101

@601210

idk, hard to tell after the last time i saw them on TV. he went pretty high when they extended "living on a prayer" (a few months ago)

Er, I'm just saying as far as I know, since the last video i've seen of him singing the full chorus of Living on a Prayer was in the 80s. Lately, he lets the crowd sing the high part.
I think it's not as much as the actual pitch, but belting it out the way he usually does.
They sing very high. Most of those high singers sing higher than mere (male) mortals should be able to in their chest voice. They often strain a lot to get these ranges and suffer for it later. Most people with a good falsetto can imitate the range, but of course the timbre is not there.
You could also post IN the singing thread, which is what you should do if you aren't satisfied with your answers, since the thread is now being closed.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out