old ampeg b-50r for $240... i was considering an ashdown eb 15-180 or the hartke A100... but i played this the other day and really dug it... not very loud (though it does have a lineout)... should i keep saving or go for this discotinued beauty?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
My opinion? Doesn't matter how good it sounds, if you cant hear it. How many watts is the amp in question? The thing is that is still a good 100 bucks cheaper than an Ashdown EB, and that still wouldn't be that much louder if the Ampeg is around 100 watts. The EB is the same out of the box.
Quote by latinosuperstud
old ampeg b-50r for $240... i was considering an ashdown eb 15-180 or the hartke A100... but i played this the other day and really dug it... not very loud (though it does have a lineout)... should i keep saving or go for this discotinued beauty?

does the Ampeg B-50R have a blue check cover? sounds like a 50w SS, 1x12" combo.
reissued in 1996. they are valued about $275 to $300. as a practice amp it might do fine, but discontinued means, they probably didn't sell very well, as new. the only way to compare amps, is to play them. try finding reviews at harmonycentral.com.
alright... i do see the value... since i do need to be somewhat heard i should aim for at least 100... so is the ashdown 1-180 a wise budget friendly choice? (ill adopt the cab for the extra 80 later on)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158