Okay I bought a fender hot rod deluxe in a pawn shop awhile back and just got to really playing the past few days. So I was just wondering are there any other fender amps that have gain comparable to hot rods?
higher gain, tube fender? maybe a supersonic combo, something like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The overdrive in the hot rods is pretty weak.

If you want a high gain fender tube amp the Supersonic rocks.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Sorry i just cant stop giggling. High Gain and Fender in the same sentence, comic genius!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
supersonics aren't that high gain either. its gainier than other tube fenders, but still no peavey/mesa.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Fender has done the new 5150 III

it was huge sounding :O
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by halikus
Sorry i just cant stop giggling. High Gain and Fender in the same sentence, comic genius!

How abotu this: "Fender Princeton led to Mesa Mark Series which led to Mesa recitifier, a series of high gain amp" or "fender Bassman led to Marshall JTM which led to Marshal's high gain sound". There, two sentence with Fender and high gain in same sentence.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Yes yes I know my history kiddies but Fender themselves did none of this pioneering work and are and will always be known for their clean to sweetspot sounds. Let me put it this way if Fender were good in the high gain stakes there would be no Marshall, no Mesa, no soldano ect ect ect.

As for the EVH amp, its more a marketing coup than a real direction for the company. An exception to the rule shall we say.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
whether a "marketing coup" or not. the fender 5150 has improved a good deal. has killer cleans and a very clear, yet intense distortion.

the CLEANS!!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Prosonic, Dual Professional, Tonemaster. I'd take one of those over a Mesa Mark anytime. They're pretty similar to the Supersonics, but much better.
Quote by B-U-R-P
didnt fender release an amp dubbed the metalhead?

Uh-huh. The output is an astounding 550 watts. Apparently, Fender R&D tested this thing on top of a parking garage at full volume. It set off several BUILDING alarms as well as car alarms. That's pretty intense.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Taylor 410ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Blackheart Little Giant
Zakk Wylde Wah
Fulltone FullDrive 2
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone GT500
Fulltone TTE
Boss Metal Zone
Line 6 Delay Modeler
Quote by B-U-R-P

It's a terrible solid state amp
note "highish" in the title. I'm not looking for a metal amp just something with that second extra gain channel.
for what it is worth - what i read in a Guitar World interview with Eddie, my impression was that the new 5150 III built by Fender is a completely diff animal and built to Eddie's new standards, so i didn't see it a marketing thing at all. although pricy.

;
Quote by B-U-R-P

They did, but it's crap.
^Malmsteen played it to show it off - one of the worst sounds ive ever heard....and the amp wasnt nice either
Quote by davedoom
^Malmsteen played it to show it off - one of the worst sounds ive ever heard....and the amp wasnt nice either

There's a video of that floating around on youtube. The biggest problem was mic placement, but the amp still sounds horrible anyway.