OH NOES!!!!1!!1!1!11!11!!! Two threads in one night!!!! Sorry, guys.

I love the cleans on my Palo. However, sometimes they sound a bit thin for my taste.

What can I use to thicken things up a bit?

I've heard of running a chorus on the clean channel helps. Would a flanger set on an extremely low setting do the same? Or would it change the signal too much?

The only reason I ask is because aside from thickening up my cleans, I don't think I'd ever use a chorus. I love flangers however, and would use that quite frequently.

Also, which is the best pedal in each category? I've heard amazing things about the Electric Mistress.

Thanks guys!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
OH NOES!!!!1!!1!1!11!11!!! Two threads in one night!!!! Sorry, guys.

I love the cleans on my Palo. However, sometimes they sound a bit thin for my taste.

What can I use to thicken things up a bit?

I've heard of running a chorus on the clean channel helps. Would a flanger set on an extremely low setting do the same? Or would it change the signal too much?

The only reason I ask is because aside from thickening up my cleans, I don't think I'd ever use a chorus. I love flangers however, and would use that quite frequently.

Also, which is the best pedal in each category? I've heard amazing things about the Electric Mistress.

Thanks guys!

try using your neck pickup
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Chorus, reverb, echo/delay on a slapback or short setting. Why wouldn't you ever use a chorus? I recently picked up my old $20 Danelectro chorus for my choral needs, and I really love it. So you can get one of those if you don't really want to spend.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
does your palo have an effects loop?
If so, I will recommend a BBE Sonic Stomp.
Well, it works differently with different rigs, but I realized that it really adds alot of substance to clean tones.

Other than that, try a chorus or EQ.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
To Bostonrocks and forsaknazrael: Yes, I do. I predominately play on my neck pickup. That or the bridge/mid position.

To fosaknazrael: I'll try using my fingers before buying something. I used to play a lot of classical guitar (flamenco style stuff) so that might make a difference.

To sonicxlover: I'm not sure. I guess I still have nightmares from the "chorus" on my MG I'll check out the chorus pedals. I might actually like them. Who knows?

To darkarbiter: All I have is a Line In/Out. Not quite sure if that'll work as a loop. And no store that I know of carries the Sonic Stomp

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys.

But, could I get some suggestions on the second part of my question? What are some good flangers I could check out if I go chorus shopping?

I like the idea of the Electric Mistress; I've been playing quite a bit of Floyd lately. I heard that the BF-3 is a bit of a tone sucker.....

Any help would be appreciated.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 27, 2008,
I've found that my small clone, when put in it's lowest settings, thickens up cleans quite well.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Purchase an eq
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit