Page 1 of 2
people make fun of autistic people for being different. some treat them worse than children. so i ask you pit. what is your view on autistic children?

you might want to read some of this if you have some questions or want to understand it Autism
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Apr 27, 2008,
I have a cousin who is slightly autistic (I think it's called Asperger syndrome).
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
my half sister is autistic, not a pretty thing, people who make fun of people with autism (or people with any sort of condition they have no control over for that matter) can go fuck themselves.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
theyre people.

just a bit mentally disconnected..

i think it sucks when people treat mentally challenged (of any sort) like theyre not there...

people do it to kids too...

i noticed my mum talk to my 3 year old nephew and then turn to his mum (my sister) and started talking about him as if he werent in the room.. my nephew kinda looked around the room a little sad like.. then walked way and played with some toys..

i got pissed and told my mum never to do that to my kids (if/when they come)

i see people do that to the retarded and i think its BS.. like the mentally challenged can only listen when you address them..
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
I think we're wasting money by investing it all in a cure for autism, when there are WAY more important things we should be giving funding to.
Treat them the same as anyone else?
I never really think about it.
Quote by captainoid
Anyone making fun of autistic children in this thread will have to deal with me.

Oh shi-
Its the new ADD
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Quote by kurush
I have a cousin who is slightly autistic (I think it's called Asperger syndrome).

it is.

i saw a movie/documentary called autism the musical. it showed the life of autistice kids. i never made fun of them or anything but it gave me an idea. and showed me some of the symptoms as an autistic child. and i helped me understand why my mom was worried i was going to be autistic or was. cause i had alot of the traits of having autism as a child. but this might explain why im very good with music maybe. and maybe why im smarter than the people in my family. this is kinda the reason why i posted this thread.
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
I think we're wasting money by investing it all in a cure for autism, when there are WAY more important things we should be giving funding to.

Like what? What is more important than our youth?

BTW I'm backing up captainoid with what he said.
My God, it's full of stars!
Some autistic people have turned out to be geniuses. I think that with the appropriate therapy, autistics can live a relatively normal life.
well i'm slightly autistic. i have asperger's syndrome. i live a normal life though. i haven't told any of my friends but none of them even think anything is wrong with me so autistic people aren't really very different. now i understand some people have it a lot worse though.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
I know a girl who's autistic. I'm one of the few people willing to hang out with her, not many people will. And I don't blame them. If I didn't know she was autistic, I think I would've smacked her across the face by now.
Quote by Dreadnought

the future..

and i hate that "our children are our future"

how about a better/cleaner fuel...

an end to global warming?

F the kids of today... we need to save the earth to save them.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Firebread
People make fun of autistic kids?

yeah.. whats up with that?

i dont have any autistic family ... but i know a guy whos got Aspergers (slightly autistic.. as mentioned above)

id beat anyones ass for talking sh|t on anyone with a disability

.... now old people.. thats a different story.. theyre like natures joke
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
the future..

Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Early Cuyler
the future..

You seriously think too much money is being spent on autism? How disgusting.
Quote by Dreadnought

BTW I'm backing up captainoid with what he said.

how about people who are actually dying? Or genetic research? I hate how so many people say that the strides we're trying to make in genetic research are immoral, and then go asking for handouts like crazy when a newly popular genetic disorder pops up.
The only time I've had contact with someone autistic was my autistic neighbor, he's like 8. I was driving to school and he was just playing hopscotch, naked in the middle of the road at like 6 in the morning. So I asked him if he needed any help and he shook his head so I went to school.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Dreadnought
You seriously think too much money is being spent on autism? How disgusting.

whoa whoa whoa...

you know... i love how internet people love to put words in others mouths

this is what was asked:
Quote by Dreadnought

i didnt say anything about autism or any disease... i answered the question.

so fvck off.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
how about people who are actually dying? Or genetic research? I hate how so many people say that the strides we're trying to make in genetic research are immoral, and then go asking for handouts like crazy when a newly popular genetic disorder pops up.

I don't really understand your point... Why do you think that if something isn't getting the amount of money that you think is necessary, it should be taken from another donation pile?

How about we just give more?
Quote by Early Cuyler
whoa whoa whoa...

you know... i love how internet people love to put words in others mouths

this is what was asked:

i didnt say anything about autism or any disease... i answered the question.

so fvck off.

You said (and I quote):

Quote by Early Cuyler

Shut the fuck up.
Quote by Dreadnought

Autism has little to do with youth.
And if you can't think of anything, I feel sorry for you
Quote by Dreadnought

Shut the fuck up.

im pretty sure i told you to do so first...

so go ahead and shut the fvck up.

dont warp my words and try to make m out as some sort of bad guy.

grow up and stop trying to flame people.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't really understand your point... Why do you think that if something isn't getting the amount of money that you think is necessary, it should be taken from another donation pile?

How about we just give more?

well it's not like we have an infinite amount of funds, and some of the things I think more funding should go to (like genetic research) would FIX the things that are asking for funds right now, instead of simply lessening the problem slightly.

And you're right, my opinion isn't any more valid than anyone else's. It's just my opinion.

and that makes it right
Quote by Sunny Afternoon

And if you can't think of anything, I feel sorry for you

LOL..

exactly.. i say one thing about how kids arent the most important thing on earth and now im captain evil.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Autistic people should be treated normally.

This guy is the guitarist/vocalist from the band "the vines" he seems pretty normal to me and he is autistic.

The only time i've ever seen him burst out is in this live performance.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xBKm966ACdQ
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
"Autistic" is too broad a term. I know kids who are autistic and you probably wouldn't notice, and I know autistic people who are EXACTLY like rainman.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
well it's not like we have an infinite amount of funds, and some of the things I think more funding should go to (like genetic research) would FIX the things that are asking for funds right now, instead of simply lessening the problem slightly.

And you're right, my opinion isn't any more valid than anyone else's. It's just my opinion.and that makes it right

Oh okay I get what you're saying. On reading your initial post, it sounded like you wanted to discard the helping of autism/Aspergers a bit, and I wasn't okay with that, but now I see that you want more funding for things that you believe would more effectively cure it. Gotcha.

All good

And "Early", calm down and accept the words you've said or I'm going to give you a warning for being inflammatory.
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh okay I get what you're saying. On reading your initial post, it sounded like you wanted to discard the helping of autism/Aspergers a bit, and I wasn't okay with that, but now I see that you want more funding for things that you believe would more effectively cure it. Gotcha.

All good

And "Early", calm down and accept the words you've said or I'm going to give you a warning for being inflammatory.

thats fvcked up..

you want to take his words for how they are .... but not mine.

blow me with your self-righteous mouth.

PS: im ultra-calm.

EDIT: re-read everything... youll see not once was i demoting autism.. i just said what i think would be better funding... if we dont stop global warming and such there will be no kids left on earth to be autistic... and thats the most offensive thing ive said so far
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Last edited by Early Cuyler at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by CowboyUp
"Autistic" is too broad a term. I know kids who are autistic and you probably wouldn't notice, and I know autistic people who are EXACTLY like rainman.

Yeah, and some people are even worse than that, the reason for this is because we don't really understand autism all that well, and that makes it hard to classify and narrow down different types.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Dreadnought
Okay sparky, warning for you.

youre ridiculous.

learn to read without putting your own opinion through other people.

EDIT: and lulz.. my lil sisters nickname is sparky.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
and most of the autistic kids are much happier than us. in most condition except when they are talked about and such. i think physical autism is worse. because there is so much they cant do. kid who rides my bus is physically retarded and has slight autism. and he wants to skateboard. but he cant. cause he has a disability. it makes me sad on the way to school. also i looked up autism on wikipedia. i looked at it and i had every symptom of being autistic as a child. and i can see how my mom was worried.
Quote by camhussynec

Thanks for nothing
Page 1 of 2