I was wanting to hear everyone's Music Go Round stories. Especially if you've worked there. I'm thinking of applying (in person) tomorrow and I would like to know as much as possible, aside from what is on their website.

There are a number of them in my area, but I would like to work at the one in Woodbury, MN. I've only been to one...if I remember right it was the Highland Park one, but I really thought it was a great store. Any one shopped any other MN locations, or even stores in another state? (I know there are a number of other locations around the US)

Does anyone know how they determine how much they buy/sell equipment for? I should think it would be the same sort of procedure for most used guitar stores.

Thanks in advance. Any info would be helpful.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
I got my KH-202 and marshall amp there. i also take guitar lessons there. the people there are professional but not boring and just a great place.
I've never shopped there since I live right by the GC in Maple Grove.
I am really good friends with all of the people at the one near my house (NC Crossroads). Amazing place, they don't always have the best selection, but its great for most things. I sometimes go in there expecting to buy like, some strings, and end up jamming with the employees. Its a great place
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
I like what I'm hearing. There was one guy at the store I've been to that I didn't even realize was an employee until we'd been talking for a few minutes. He knew his stuff, but wasn't all condescending or anything.

Thanks a bunch for the input so far!

Anyone else?
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Awesome stores. I go to the one in Kenosha, WI. Guys there are cool, prices are great, and the events they host are cool.

Saturday, they held a food drive for some Hunger Federation. Each canned good earned you a ticket to fill out to win all sorts of gear (pedals, practice amps, American Strat). I didn't win the strat but I did win a sweet Orange Amplification shirt!!!

Plus, there is a guy around here who purchases Mesa equipment and then trades it to the store. So far:
Tremoverb Head
Dual Recto Head
Roadster head
Dual Combo
Various Cabs
Last edited by Zander155 at Apr 27, 2008,
they are pretty much all independently owned, so what it's like varies greatly from store to store, the one here isn't all that great in terms of what they carry, the only thing out of the ordinary they have are z-vex pedals and they mostly only carry really low end guitars.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by zorched
I was wanting to hear everyone's Music Go Round stories. Especially if you've worked there. I'm thinking of applying (in person) tomorrow and I would like to know as much as possible, aside from what is on their website.

There are a number of them in my area, but I would like to work at the one in Woodbury, MN. I've only been to one...if I remember right it was the Highland Park one, but I really thought it was a great store. Any one shopped any other MN locations, or even stores in another state? (I know there are a number of other locations around the US)

Does anyone know how they determine how much they buy/sell equipment for? I should think it would be the same sort of procedure for most used guitar stores.

Thanks in advance. Any info would be helpful.
They pay very little for used equipment. But you get your money right away, and they are faster than taking out an ad, and waiting on people to respond and all the bother of people you don't know asking you a million questions about it.

and they charge more than you would pay for buying used from a private owner. They're a business. They have to charge more because they have to pay the rent, utilities, taxes, and make some profit. And of course they have to pay employees, right?

Used equipment usually has a street price of half of new. But condition, age, and popularity of that equipment affects the price dramatically. And availability of new equipment that is similar.

For instance, a used Clavinet with sell for much more than they sold for new, even in poor condition. But you can't buy a new one. They are no longer in production.

And a Yamaha DX-7, while being a fine little keyboard, won't command much money on the used market, because there are tons of them, and better keyboards that are similar and reasonably priced.

I'm not overly impressed with music go round, but you can find them all over the country. They must be doing something right.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.