Elliptical
2 9%
Stationary Bicycle
1 5%
Just get out and run, you fat bastard!
17 77%
Voters: 22.
Quick question:

Regarding gym equipment, what do you find produces the best results concerning weight loss?

I normally use the elliptical to work out my lower body whist burning calories, but I need to focus on losing some fat in my stomach region, so out of a treadmill, elliptical, or bike (stationary), which would be best for losing weight in this area?

I'm already doing sit ups and doing free weights for my pectorals, but I would prefer speeding the process by using a cardio machine.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
The Gazelle Elite! Listen to Tony Little for God's sake!

find a hill and do some sprints up it. and eat better.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
Insanoflex
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
blowflex?

i got one, it literally blows.

seriously, dont buy a bowflex, they blow.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
I have a bowflex... the leg stuff sucks for it but everything else is good. Basically, watch your diet, work every muscle group 2x a week, and do cardio following workouts.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
It's better and more fun to just go out and jog, like early in the morning or something.
Nothing is as effective as the HawaiiChair!!
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by freedoms_stain
You can't target weight loss. It'll come off from everywhere or nowhere.

Exactly. You can't choose where to lose fat.

As for which cardio machine, they all burn calories, so one doesn't necessarily "work better" than the other; if you put the same effort into each machine, you're likely to burn the same amount of calories on each machine.

Personally, I used the stationary bike. First off, make sure the seat is rather high, but not high enough to be able to fully extend your knees. Then what I do (and did when I lost like 30 pounds in 3 months) is set the resistance pretty high and do 4 minutes of warm up at like 60 rpm. Then do 1.5 mins of as fast as you can (with a high resistance this should be about 90-110 rpm depending on how strong your legs are), followed by 1.5 mins of like 50 rpm. Then 1 minute of full effort again, then 1 minute of slow down, and then do it again, 30 seconds of full effort, 30 seconds of rest. This totals to exactly 10 minutes and if you did it right you should be breathing pretty heavily now and should have burned roughly 200 calories.

You can repeat this 10 minute cycle again, 3 times, 4 times, whatever you can handle. But it basically boils down to roughly 10 calories per minute. Of course you could do this at a constant 70-75 rpm on high resistance but that can get boring real quick.