so i have an ibanez ag-85, which is a large fully acoustic with a bubinga top, and i am wonder how should i go about putting a fixed bridge on it.
and what bridge would keep the same spacing?
thanks for reading
That would be quite the project...

If you notice; most hollow-bodys are fixed with a trapeze style bridge and not a tune-o-matic like the sort that you'd like the install. This is basically due to the fact that there is no real wood for the stopbar to attach itself in the rear of the body.

So in order for you to install a tune-o-matic on your Ibanez you'd have to do some modding inside the body itself...

All in all, you'd just be better off leaving it like it is or buying a new guitar.
what if i were to keep the end piece for now because i'm going to add a bigsby to it later?
I'm confused. Doesn't an AG85 already have a tuno?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Maybe he meant the tail peice?
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
it does, but it's not mounted. it detunes if i'm hard on it, and i'm just worried about what will happen when i put a bigsby on it.
Ah. That's worth thinking about. Stretching and releasing the strings might cause the bridge mount to slide on the body.

My guess is there is enough friction to keep that from happening. But if you're concerned about that, maybe use a very MILD adhesive.

Mark the position of the bridge mount where it is right now, by putting some drafting tape along the back edge and the top and bottom ends. That way, when you loosen the strings off, you'll know exactly were it goes. Then put a very thin coating of something like clear nail polish on the bottom side of the bridge mount. While the nail polish is still wet or tacky, put the bridge mount on the body and tension the strings. The pressure will help bond the mount to the body.

If you feel uneasy about bonding the assembly to the body, you might use some double-sided plastic tape instead of an adhesive. It might affect the tone or sustain slightly, but it's more easily removed.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.