Just curious about what is so bad about these floyd rose?

See, I'm looking at the RG350DX which has one of those. I'm basically looking for an affordable metal guitar (Hopefully less than $1000) with a floyd rose because I play stuff in B standard.

I can get this guitar for 795 where the ticket price is 995, which is cool because it will pay for the pickups that I want to put in, whether it be EMG's or blackouts.

I'm open to suggestions about other guitars as well. ESP's or Ibanez.

Edit: if these prices seem huge it's because I am in Australia.
I've got an RG35DX and so far i've had none problem with the floyd, it works just fine.
why does B standard require a trem? I had problems with my edge pro II staying in tune, and I've heard plenty of stories of the same thing about edge III's. If you're not going to be using the trem, maybe try something with a standard bridge. Otherwise, the rg350 is still absolutely worth it, and with some blackouts or emgs it should be sweet. Go for it, Ibanez never really disappoints even if their trems are so so.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
Go for it, Ibanez never really disappoints even if their trems are so so.

Correction: even if the Edge 3 is a pile of wank. You'll notice the Lo-TRS trem and the Edge Pro 2 are no longer in production, and all their other trems are top-notch. Some better than OFRs.
Perhaps B standard doesn't require a trem, just on my current crappy les paul copy trying to get it to stay in tune with the sort of heavy riff influenced melodeath i play is basically impossibly. So I had it in my head that more would be required.

What is the problem with Edge 3's though? I've seen them trash talked in other threads and I was curious.
if you want a floydy, go for an S series with a ZR, u should be able to get a lower spec model for 1k in aus.
RG's & Mesa's
The lowest S series is $1100 here in Aus i believe. and the S series is better than the low end Rg's by far. Edge 3's feel nice but wont last longer than a year or so. Good Fr's can last decades.

Have a look used, lots of good deals on ebay.

Edit: the S312 goes for around $800.
http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/ibanez/eg_page_20073a9c.html
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Apr 28, 2008,
Yeah, I get you.. I can see cheap FR's literally falling to piece in your hands. Chances are I'll ruin one myself though, regardless of quality, having never used them before.

I'll sus the S series then. For the price though, the 350 seems unreal.
so hold on. ive heard a lot of different things on these forums.
ive heard that the edge III does not hold up. ive heard that it will with maintenence. ive heard that it does no matter what. and now im hearing that the edge pro is crap too. whats the deal?

also i have a jackson dinky (the white one) which has a Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo and want to get an ibanez xpt700 which has the edge III. is it possible to switch either of these out for the edge pro? im happy with my jackson as is but is it possbile?
Edge III is low-end, Edge Pro is high-end, but...

Edge Pro is a $250 machine. If you somehow manage to stick it in a xiphos, you'll have a nearly $1000 Indonesian guitar plus labour. Seems rather silly.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Somewhat related to this thread, I saw a floating double locking trem on a guitar that was the child brand of Jackson (I forget the brand). The odd thing is that it had no routing whatsoever for the trem, it just floated off of two screws that lifted it off the guitar. Can anyone tell me what this trem is?

As for the ibanez trems, I don't have much experiance with them, they all seem fine to me, but I absolutely adore their Lo-Pro trems.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the edge pro III. It plays fine, and holds tune nicely.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by frog_friend
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the edge III. It plays fine, and holds tune nicely.

For a about a year.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jymellis
rg350dx should only run you about 400.00

read pl0x
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.