I got a used motherboard off a friend for cheap, and it seems to have sound drivers embedded with the integrated sound card. The thing is, they don't work, and I can't disable or uninstall them. So are there some third party sound drivers, perhaps, that would override them? I've been trying to fix it but I can't find any drivers for the make of mobo and tomorrow I'm probably just going to buy a cheap sound card. But my mobo has a sound card, so if I can make the drivers work I could save some money. Its driving me crazy.

So are there third party sound drivers, like the omega drivers are for video cards?
We're only strays.
buy a new sound card and disable your current on under the system thing
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
buy a new sound card and disable your current one under the system thing

+1. You can pick up any sound card and it will be better than an integrated one anyway. Mine was $25 and it came with creative mediasource and creative file converter, which is excellent I might add.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO