which pedal would give me, the best, bring my the horizon/as i lay dying/mushuga, bohemoth,black dahlia murder/carpathian/dimmu borgir style high gain distortion???

or have i made a bad decision in purchasing this amp

thanks for any help possible dudes
This amp has soooooooooo much gain.
If you don't play Death metal you don't need od I guess...
I don't know those bands cuz I'm not in metal not even a bit...
I'm just telling ya....this amp has soooo much gain.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
This amp has soooooooooo much gain.
If you don't play Death metal you don't need od I guess...
I don't know those bands cuz I'm not in metal not even a bit...
I'm just telling ya....this amp has soooo much gain.

hahaha well, i didnt turn up the volume past 2 when i played it last (its still in the shop, im paying it off)

and there didnt seem to be much distrortion.

so im guessing when you crank it, it sounds a lot heavier?

thanks for you help.
To do metal, it needs a new speaker. It has loads of gain, but the muddiness of the stock speaker prevents it from gaining any definition. Swap out the speaker and it can do metal up to DT easily. You might need a boost for death metal though.
what speakers? celestion V30's?

and what boost?

are there any speakers that do metal best out of most?
Quote by xdeathxcorex
what speakers? celestion V30's?

and what boost?

are there any speakers that do metal best out of most?

Vintage 30 is the standard for metal speakers. Get a couple of those. As for the boost, I would hold of on buying that to see if you actually need it after replacing the speakers.
Well, you'll get power tube breakup the higher volume you go, which will lead to it sounding heavier. The kick in point is about 3 - that's where the tone gets a lot better than its lower volumes.

If you'd like some clips of a valveking with a V30 in action, check the link in my sig vv.
well the wylde pedal is great as a boost, just as long as you dont peg it. Plus they are cheap and built like a tank. I have one and it adds a little gain, and a good mids boost. If you are wanting a Great pedal and money is no object get a reissued tubescreamer, or a fulltone od.
check out my mp3 in my profile and listen to the new song im writing, the rythm guitar is stock amp, and the lead at about 36 seconds is with the wylde and some delay and verb. It brings more gain but saturates more smoothly.