Did he stop endorsing Yamaha and moved to Musicman officially?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Yes, Music Man state here that he will now be exclusively using Music Man 6 string Bongo basses, and he no longer appears in the list of artists on the Yamaha website. They also say that they are not a signature bass, and that they are part of the regular line.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Also, from what I understand, Ernie Ball wanted to release the Bongo 6 but wanted an artist to use it first. Enter John Myung.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Also, from what I understand, Ernie Ball wanted to release the Bongo 6 but wanted an artist to use it first. Enter John Myung.

John was also involved in the development of it, after he epressed interest in a 6 string Bongo. His endorsement of them is just him getting the bass he wants and mucisman getting free advertising.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Yeah, Sterling Ball made it clear that he was just thrilled that the Bongo 6 was NOT a JM sig, just a normal model. I'm not sure why that makes any difference, but he was happy that JM didn't ask for it to be a sig.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I believe musicman stated that they wouldn't make a bongo 6 unless a high-profile artist asked for one. Which is obviously what happened.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2