why dose nearly every song writing thread/ web site say to write about your emotinons or experienses when most the music i lisen to dosnt like acdc highway to hell that isnt emotinons or experienses can you help and i need help with the song writing aswell
Right down how you feel ABOUT something. Make more sense? To make it interesting right it in metaphors. Like Trivium does.
songwriting is hard

i cant think of anything to write about!

any advice???
GUITAR ROCKS
you my friend need some inspirado... which unfortunatly cannot be manufactured.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
you can inspire in a book, a newspaper article, a painting, but dont try to do it of the normal life (it never works that well), if you are with your band and someone says a cool phrase (of a real situation), all the band starts building up a song and there you got it. Try not inventing stories, it is not that deep.
try sitting in your room and just look around until you see something unusual. use all your senses. unusual sounds, sights, feelings etc. also you can use everyday things too. my song White Light (see the greater Songwriting and lyrics thread) was based on me just opening a window and seeing someone smiling at me
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by Jem1992
songwriting is hard

Contrary to my last post I completely agree with Jem1992
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
I agree guys you can't manufacture inspiration or pop an inspiration pill I will tell you wat a wise man once told me;" inspiration is like finding a twenty dollar bill on the ground, your most likely to find it in places or things where you wouldn't expect it"
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
I had skittles and I asked the girl next to me if she wanted some and she said "No way I hate skittles" and turned around. She turned around and her arsecrack was showing so I poured some skittles in there.
write about having nothing to write about, except that all you have to write about is writing about nothing...
I don't want to encourage it, but the best inspirations comes with the bad times in your life. More often than not, songs are written about the negative things that happen as the emotions involved in those songs are usually more crushing.

Breakups are a classic, and they're individual to the person. Also relationships with friends (or past friends), family, a place, one person...

Try and get on your way to writing one or two with passion, then you'll see if you're suited for it.
ever heard of the song sunday by sonic youth? borin as **** along with the music but ace cus thats what it supposed to do you can write a song about anythin if your creative enough or resourcefull enough i wrote a lot of lyrics when i went to america for a holiday the whole place is inspiring plus i write a lot when im wasted out my face and i get my best results there but if tea total is yer thing jus write du du du du du du du then write about some girl ya wana do tis wot most ****e is wrote about lmao only jokin please dont
Just dont force it out. Jack Johnson (probably one of the greatest song writers out there right now), doesnt force it. he says he just takes a break and lets everything around him kinda soak in. then he ends up writing like an entire album at once.. something like that. just take in your surroundings, appreciate the beauty of things, and just let it sink in. I have the same problem, so im trying to do that. i got nothing yet, but that's my advice. just dont force it out.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Dm1027
write about having nothing to write about, except that all you have to write about is writing about nothing...

that's where the song nowhere man by the beatles came about. john was going through a tough time writing songs, and hadn't completed a song in a while (a couple weeks) and felt that he was just sitting around doing nothing, a "real nowhere man", trying to write songs, but "going nowhere"