I'm trying to decide between these two basses, from what I understand they're both MIA but the HWY 1 has a thinner finish or something.
Whats your opinion?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I was talking about the Jazz basses.
Last edited by consecutive e at Apr 28, 2008,
The highway 1 is built in America using Mexican parts, however it does feature a BadAss II bridge.

The American has a Graphite truss rod, better electronics, better pickup's.
American standard.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The american Standard is just a better bass.

it's as simple as that really
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Personally, I would go all the way (USA Deluxe) if you're even considering a Fender USA Std - it's not THAT much more money, and you get better basses.

However, b/w a H1 and USA Std, get H1 for the aforementioned reasons.
Quote by Captain Insano
The highway 1 is built in America using Mexican parts, however it does feature a BadAss II bridge.

Isn't it the other way around?

Anyway, the HW1 is really a "USA lite", even though recent models have some new features that the USA models don't (Greasebucket circuit, bridge, pickup magnet type). The "proper" finish and graphite neck support alone give me reason to recommend the USA model over the HW1. However, if you plan on taking off your pickguard and dont like the look of CNC routing, the HW1 is your only choice.

I'd say, like recommended, spring for the USA Deluxe, but they are very, VERY different basses that you may or may not like. I'd recommend a USA over a HW1 sight-unseen, but the USA to USA Deluxe will require some play time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Captain Insano

NOT TRUE!!

i own the Hwy 1. it's nice, but it is not as good as a MIA Standard. the standard is worth the extra money, imo.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Personally, I would go all the way (USA Deluxe) if you're even considering a Fender USA Std - it's not THAT much more money, and you get better basses.

However, b/w a H1 and USA Std, get H1 for the aforementioned reasons.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
Quote by Captain Insano

The HW1s are built in America using American parts, they just have the bare essentials that a bass needds rather than other extras that are on the standard MIAs. Also the Mexican Fenders are built using American parts as far as I know, well the hardware and stuff is anyway.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!