So who gets it? who has had it? if you get it can you use it as a technique to lucid dream? i got it for the first time last night. It was some scary **** till i worked out what it actually was.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Ive had it twice, once for about 10 seconds. Pretty horrible once you start panicking. Feels like you've forgotten how to move is the best description.
I think I got it because I had really irregular sleeping patterns, which seems to trigger it according to wiki.
Quote by sam b
Never had it..
I want it now to see what it feels like

Not really. It felt like i had a safe (bank safe) on my chest.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
POD X3 Live
It's some kind of a Pokémon move, isn't it?

But yeah, I've had it once I think, but only for a couple of seconds.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Apr 28, 2008,
From Wikipedia:

Hallucinations: Images or speaking that appear during the paralysis. The person may think that someone is standing beside them or they may hear strange sounds. These may be dreamlike, possibly causing the person to think that they are still dreaming. Often it is reported as feeling a weight on one's chest, as if being underneath a person or heavy object.

i had that yesterday!! I was starring at my wall for like a second after I thought I was awake and I heard my door open and shut. I swore I saw a little troll or something wiz past my eyes, but I couldn't move to see it! I was freaked but I resolved in my head that I was still dreaming and faded back to sleep. I thought it was a dream but wow! I never even heard of this till now!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Yeah, im glad i didnt hallucinate. And if i hadnt have known what it was i woulda crapped my pants.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
POD X3 Live
Scariest **** ever.

I don't try to lucid dream or even sleep on my back anymore.
I've never heard the term sleep paralysis, but sometimes if I have bad dreams I'll realise I'm in a dream and try to move and wake up and it won't work then I'll put loads of effort into moving my arm up to open my eyes and it'll be really hard. Then I'll manage to force myself awake then fall asleep and do it again. Is that it?

EDIT: Now I read that Wikipedia quote above I realise it's probably not.
Quote by MaxLees666
I've never heard the term sleep paralysis, but sometimes if I have bad dreams I'll realise I'm in a dream and try to move and wake up and it won't work then I'll put loads of effort into moving my arm up to open my eyes and it'll be really hard. Then I'll manage to force myself awake then fall asleep and do it again. Is that it?

I think that is some type of lucid dreaming, since you realize that you're in a dream.
Pretty much. Ur brain is awake but your body is turned off to stop you waking yourself from your dream.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
POD X3 Live
2 maybe all 3 of my sisters get it I think. I've never had it, and don't want it. I can't sleep on my back so I suppose that helps and I tend to have fairly regular sleeping patterns and am rarely sleep depraved. I never lucid dream (and rarely even remember my dreams) either so I don't think I'll get it and I don't really want to experience it either. Although I remember a few weeks ago waking up and hearing something like someone (That I somehow "knew" was an old man) taking a deep breath then I fell back asleep. Not sure if it was sleep paralysis since I didn't try to move and fell back asleep pretty fast.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Sounds like you have sleep terrors. That sucks, dude.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
I had an experience with sleep paralysis earlier this year. It lasted for about 10-20 seconds.

I woke up at 6:16 (which I know is the true "number of the beast", so on a deeper level my subconscious probably wanted to spoonfeed me this experience) and thought I smelled something burning. I tried to move, but couldn't move an inch.
An intense fear struck me suddenly.

I saw hallucinations. A doorway of light appeared, and I there was an "angelic" being of pure light that told me mentally to "follow Jesus".

The day before I had been doing some magick. Ouch.

I look forward to having another one, though. So I can use it to my advantage
Its kind of a weird feeling but it's not scary or anything if you know what it is.
i think it happened to me a couple years ago. i had just seen some spider movie (cant remember the name of it, prolly Arachnaphobia), and i had fallen asleep in my room. My mother came in and said somethin to me and it woke me up. i remember looing down near my toes cuz they tickled, and there was a big ass spider! and i couldn't move. a few seconds later i was able to jump up and run in the hallway. Turns out i twas all in my head.

My mom was freakin out cuz she didnt know what was goin on lol.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
I don't dream

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
I don't dream

One one side i am sad for you, but on another you are also very lucky. you cant have nightmares! i have very vivid ones

I remember in one, i shot my sister in the face and i felt the mist of the blood on my face! My sister is easily one of my best friends so it was not a good dream.

I also had one where i was at school and some gang fight broke out and it turned into some crazy ass gunfight. i remember on guy was shot in the nuts, and he was tryin to crawl away. while he was he was screaming for his mom, i heard some guy say "F your mom" then shot him in the back of the head. That one was bad
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by greasysnowball
One one side i am sad for you, but on another you are also very lucky. you cant have nightmares! i have very vivid ones

I remember in one, i shot my sister in the face and i felt the mist of the blood on my face! My sister is easily one of my best friends so it was not a good dream.

I also had one where i was at school and some gang fight broke out and it turned into some crazy ass gunfight. i remember on guy was shot in the nuts, and he was tryin to crawl away. while he was he was screaming for his mom, i heard some guy say "F your mom" then shot him in the back of the head. That one was bad

The thing is i used to dream......and i had those kinds of dreams. I trained myself to stop dreaming, and even now, when i do have those VERY rare dreams, they're lucid dreams, and I have complete control.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Ya i had it once when i was like 11....i saw these spirits floating above me in circles...it was exactly like this horror movie i saw that night...forgot the name...

And i tried screamin but couldnt...couldn't move....but i was so freaked that i kept trying and trying and trying and like after a minute i finally just moved and i snapped out of it !!!

Freaky but fun to think about it now...
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by valennic
The thing is i used to dream......and i had those kinds of dreams. I trained myself to stop dreaming, and even now, when i do have those VERY rare dreams, they're lucid dreams, and I have complete control.

i cant stop them. i want to but they control me! its horrible. i wake up crying, or sometimes bleeding. Im also an avid sleep talker, and sleep walker (not so much sleep walker anymore). I tried the medicine to stop sleep walking (i cant remember the name of it) and it is what triggered these graphic dreams. Its almost as if they were real.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
well everybody gets it, every day, hence the name sleep paralysis
what you are talking about is either pre-sleep paralysis or post-sleep paralysis

and i get it probably 2 times a week depending on how crazy that week is, it sucks scary as hell, and it feels like it last for hours
I used to get it quite frequently. Not so much these days.

It's scary as ****. I don't hallucinate but I do feel like I'm trapped in my own dream.

Once again: scary!
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

i actulaly want one now, ive never had one
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<