Ignoring the sound it makes, is metal picks much worse for strings then normal picks? if at all?
do you have acoustik or electric
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
Use a metal pick for a while and you'll find it's gotten pretty sharp. I'm pretty sure you're more likely to break strings too.
Metal Picks have a much harsher attack as opposed to plastic, yes it's bad for the strings and you can also scratch the guitar body, you're going to have to be very careful with a metal pick, but the overall tone you get from them is much more aggressive, but not worth the strings you go through unless you're being sponsored or something.
It is bad for the strings. It wears them alot more and they tend to tune out easier.

Plus you have to be very careful with the artwork on your guitar (unless of course you want that i've owned this guitar for 10 years look).
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
brian may uses an old six-pence but i guess he can afford the strings
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Bad for strings? Who cares - strings are cheap and are meant to be changed regularly anyway...
Iv tried metal picks and the strings dont tend to wear out that much quicker in my experience. I just find them too stiff for my liking so I went back to my good old 1.14mm dunlop tortex's. Quite how i diddnt scratch the hell out of my prs or ibanez with metal picks I dont know.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by itchy guitar
brian may uses an old six-pence but i guess he can afford the strings

And it hasnt done much damage at all to his guitar
I guess it all depends if you thrash the guitar playing rhythm chops or pick the strings.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Metal picks do not wear down strings. They use metals with lower hardness than the nickel, steel or other magnetic materials that strings are made from, resulting in the PICK wearing down. Play with a metal pick for a while and you will soon find your guitar covered in shavings from it that show up nicely with a sparkly effect. Apart from the expense compared to regular picks, i've never found any drawbacks to metal picks.