hey guys, i noticed there wasnt many articles on the net or on UG about making a simple pedal board for home use to keep your pedals nice and neat, so when i decided to make my own yesterday, i took some pictures and thought i would share them on here with my fellow UGers.

Here it goes!

1. Go to your local Hardware supplier (Bunnings in Aus) and buy a peice of thick Plywood (3 or 4 layers thick at least) and the following shown in the picture:

Spray Paint (choose your own colours), Bostik Contact Grip (or something to bind your Rubber Door Wedges to you Plywood Board), Velcro Strips, Rubber Door Wedges
2. Spray Paint the plywood with a colour of your choice, let it dry.

For the Stencil i just got a fender logo from the net and used a Box Cutter to cut out the actual lettering of the logo, which left me with the stencil, i would recommend trying to find a thin piece of plastic at the hardware store, as paper tends to bend and tear a ****load easier than plastic (i used paper but).
Last edited by dmaji1 at Apr 28, 2008,
3. Apply the Rubber Door Wedges to the back top part of your board to elevate the board on a slight angle for comfort, if u have no idea what im talking about the pic will explain everything. you don't have to apply 3, 2 on each top corner will suffice but i put a third on for lolz and stability. Wait a good hour or so for it to dry and stick firmly before continuing.

Doin it for teh lulz
4. Apply the "hook" side of the velcro to the bottom of your pedal, make sure you dont need any of the info it might cover up, if you do write it down somewhere. Now apply the "furry" side of the velcro onto the "hook side" and peel off the sticky protective plastic and place your pedal on the board where you want it.

This is what it should look like once both sides are applied and the "furry" side has been firmly sealed to the board.
Thats awesome dude!
Did you just make the fender stencil ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
yeh i used this image

and stretched it out to a bit smaller than A4 size.
btw if your planning on using that black and white image, try and reverse the black with white cause i just chewed up the remainder of my black ink when i printed it out lol.

thanks,
Dale
Quote by dmaji1
5. This is the end product.

i will update this post when my Boss BD-2, Ibanez TS808 and Vox Wah Pedal come in.

plz dont feel shy to post if you didnt quiet understand what i was trying to point out.

All The Best
Dale

i must say, well done for getting the 15 watt spider and not the 75/150/wattever. (I deserve to be high-fived in the face for that "pun")

nice guide, any chance you could show me how to build a pedal case?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeh im not to sure about actually building the case mate,
i was just going to use this board for home use, as i am not gigging at the moment, but when i do gig im sure i will need a case and ill figure out how to build one!

thanks
Quote by Blompcube
i must say, well done for getting the 15 watt spider and not the 75/150/wattever. (I deserve to be high-fived in the face for that "pun")

nice guide, any chance you could show me how to build a pedal case?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6378074

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526920
If i was you i would have sanded down the wood real good before applying the paint, the final product looks kind of rough. other than that great guide, i might just have to build one.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by stangconv
Whoops sorry about the double post... thought I hit edit....

Nice board!

Why did you decide to put a Fender logo on though... I see a LP and a Line 6

Heres mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707034

thanks man, i replied earlier that i put the fender logo on there cause when i get my John Mayer Sig Strat and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Deville, it will match

Quote by SkateEmerica987

If i was you i would have sanded down the wood real good before applying the paint, the final product looks kind of rough. other than that great guide, i might just have to build one.

yeh i might just do that for my next one, that first pic, is actually the offcut i have, because i got the piece of plywood cut in half, so i mite make another one and do that for a smoother finish. also if you look at the side with the Door Wedges, that is the Smooth side of the plywood, but i didnt realise that until 1. i turned it over when the spraypaint was dry, and 2. when i put the Door Wedges on, and realised i had run out of black spray paint, well enough to finish the coat anway

by the way those two tuts from TwoString are ****ing excellent, and i love the Computer Aided Design pics he put in too, explains a lot. that might have to be my next project for my stage board.
I made one a while back and used MDF instead of plywood. It is much smoother, no need for sanding before painting.
If you prime your paint surface it will not absorb the paint as much and hide the grain better.

On mine got the heavyduty 3M velcro that was 2" wide and actually "carpeted" the whole board so I could stick my pedals where ever I wanted and move them as my collection grew.

I also got a couple drawer handles (black) from the local hardware store for about $1 and put them on the top.

I never thought to use door stops to wedge it up. Fantastic Idea.

Dont read this thread as "mine is better" or an insult to yours, mearly as a few additional hints.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by telemonster at Apr 28, 2008,

those door wedges are a fantastic idea
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
How much was your final product?

I built mine for maybe 40 bucks, 50 at most:

Tried to get a Grey to match teh Twin, was the closest I could get...

But those door stopeprs ARE a great idea, might have to stick some on...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by dmaji1

This is what it should look like once both sides are applied and the "furry" side has been firmly sealed to the board.

Nice toes!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.