Hey everyone... well ive been playin guitar for over an year n gone quite decent at it... i need to buy a new guitar... m more interested in playin metal ... ive got a budget of $500 ... plz tell me which one is the best for me?? i was thinking about schecter damien fr...well anyways i dnt know much so i need to know which would be the best guitar in the market for this price.
The first question isn't what you should buy, it's do you really need to buy at all.

What is your current gear? What exactly do you intend to play (you say 'metal', but that's very vague - there are many types of metal playing)? You say you are 'quite decent', but do you play gigs or are you sticking to home practise?

You need to address each of these. It could well be your current guitar might be fine and it's your amp that needs changing, or maybe it is your guitar that needs changing but you need something specific that might not be obvious at first.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
well the gear that ive got right now is a cheap squier fender strat n in india thats like the thing i could get access to in the easiest way... n no i dnt play gigs yet just home practice... but me n my frends have written some material which we are going to record in summers... n anyways this guitar is way too ****ed up...and yea sry ...by metal i meant metalcore n yea i also like 2 play some rock but thats ok neways.....so.......
wait until summer to buy a new guitar? few more hundred and you can get a really good one
could someone tell me which1 is that good one??? and what its got??? which would be suitable for me??
Quote by APimpNamedSlick
one that speaks english for you.

well im sorry if i cant speak or write as good as u but i asked for some help regarding buying a new guitar... not some comment on my language... if u cant help, dont go around wasting ur time, passing useless comments..
Quote by asilaydying99
well im sorry if i cant speak or write as good as u but i asked for some help regarding buying a new guitar... not some comment on my language... if u cant help, dont go around wasting ur time, passing useless comments..

But you can speak english, your just being to lazy to type out your words like a normal person.

What kinda amp are we talking about here? If it isnt exactly stellar (Which im guessing its not) then instead of looking for a $500 guitar, maybe you should get either a amp instead, or save some money on the guitar and get a new amp (as in stick the leftover money in a amp fund).
Quote by Empty Box
But you can speak english, your just being to lazy to type out your words like a normal person.

What kinda amp are we talking about here? If it isnt exactly stellar (Which im guessing its not) then instead of looking for a $500 guitar, maybe you should get either a amp instead, or save some money on the guitar and get a new amp (as in stick the leftover money in a amp fund).

Quote by asilaydying99
n in india

Try reading the whole post before needlessly insulting someone, maybe?

But he does have a point, TS. The amp produces most of your tone, not the guitar. But it's really a question of what you're looking to upgrade. If you are okay with your sound and want a better feel and better playability, then get a new guitar. If you can deal with your guitar and are looking to improve your overall sound, get a new amp. If you decide to upgrade your guitar, an Ibanez S320 would be a great choice. If you decide to go for a new amp, I would go for a Vox AD30VT-XL and perhaps use the leftover money to upgrade the bridge pickup in your guitar. Squiers aren't bad guitars for what they are. If it's an SSS strat (three single coils), then you could throw one of these into the bridge position. If it's an HSS strat (two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge) then a Duncan JB would work nicely.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
oh dude. totally sorry.

i overlooked where you said you were from india. i thought you meant guitars manufactured in indonesia... my bad.
a Dean ML XT Noir is good. i own one. fast neck. floyd rose-licensed. black.
or
Ibanez RG4EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar with a tremolo bridge to die for. i always play this thing first when i get into to guitar center. try it.
or
i think jackson has a kirk hammett model in the 400-500 range.
or
ESP LTD Alexi Laiho-200 Electric Guitar. if u like bodom or if u just want a crappy version of a nice guitar...
or
PRS Tremonti SE Electric Guitar. $499. should check it out.
yeah try those guitars out and look through those brands if ur looking to play metal.

and people can we give him some suggestions on what guitar he could get. not telling him to save up for the summer or buy this amp. hes not asking about any of that bull**** advice. just tell him what guitar he wants. ****ers.
Last edited by CFHguitar at Apr 28, 2008,