Im looking into get a fuzz pedal because i play alot of Hendrix. Which fuzz would give me that later Hendrix gritty tone. At first i was thinking fuzz face, but people told me it was that good.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Original fuzz faces are brill, if you can afford one and find a decent one... try a fulltone '69 brilliant pedal and very hendrix esque
"The Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face is a meticulously faithful reproduction of the 1969-70 Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face that Jimi used on classic albums like Band of Gypsys. Dunlop's engineering department examined hoards of vintage Fuzz Faces, honing in on a few units which possessed that unmistakable Jimi voodoo."

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/Dunlop/PR/Fuzz-Face.html

Try that?
^tbh, i think thats just the regular (sucky) dunlop fuzzface with a different face (get it, get it) - nothing worth getting

the analogman is a germ fuzz, wont do the gritty silicon tone - a fulltone '70s fuzz might be it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Maybe still worth a try if it's a so-called 'Hendrix fuzz'. I haven't tried any fuzz pedals myself, that was just the top result from Google
You could try out the fuzz in my sig great pedal for jimi hendrix
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Roger Mayer Axis/Classic Fuzzes.

Roger Mayer was Jimi's sound guy, so you're getting pedals to the EXACT specs of Jimi's. The Classic is Jimi's Are You Experienced fuzz, and the Axis is the fuzz he used for most else.

I own the Axis myself, it NAILS Hendrix, no matter what era, IMO.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Abe
Maybe still worth a try if it's a so-called 'Hendrix fuzz'. I haven't tried any fuzz pedals myself, that was just the top result from Google

yeah, the problem is though that dunlop, since they bought the rights on hendrix name for effects/work together with experience hendrix which has the rights for the name - dont remember what exactly - can put hendrix name on anything, really...like said, i have not tried it, but i expect it to be the (crappy) dunlop arbiter fuzz for more money (like the 535Q/dimebag wah)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by hendriko
yeah, the problem is though that dunlop, since they bought the rights on hendrix name for effects/work together with experience hendrix which has the rights for the name - dont remember what exactly - can put hendrix name on anything, really...like said, i have not tried it, but i expect it to be the (crappy) dunlop arbiter fuzz for more money (like the 535Q/dimebag wah)

but....i play like the great master himself with my 'Dunlop hendrix' picks

Well, cheers man, I learned something there, didn't know Dunlop had the rights to put Hendrix's name on anything. So that's a good point

well, picks..is a different story
dunlop picks, in contrast to their fuzz pedals, do not suck

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Well, I use a Little Big Muff, and I can get the same fuzzy tones as Hendrix, but a Fuzz Face or Axis fuzz works MUCH better
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I have a Fuzz Face but it didn't do it for me.

Then I got a Mayer Axis Fuzz. That did it! It sounds really good. Got it on eBay for $140.00, they sell new for $229.00.
Trav
Fulltone '70 should do the trick. It was designed to sound like the later Hendrix....
((( KoskineN )))

-ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VHB
-Fender Telecaster Lite Ash
-Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo
-Fulltone Clyde Dlx, OCD, '69
-Boss BD-2, CE-5, DD-20, TU-2, RC-2
-MXR Phase 90 & EVH Flanger
-EHX Little Big Muff - Holy Grail - Micro POG
Quote by Kai07
Well, I use a Little Big Muff, and I can get the same fuzzy tones as Hendrix, but a Fuzz Face or Axis fuzz works MUCH better

+1, I own the Axis Fuzz, it IS Hendrix.

Roger Mayer, the guy who makes the Axis, and also the Classic Fuzz, which is germanium, was Hendrix's sound guy. He modded Hendrix's pedals. The Classic Fuzz was Jimi's modded Fuzz Face on his first album, and The Axis Fuzz is his silicon fuzz used for the rest of his career.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
On a budget, the EHX Double Muff is probably the best pedal around for Hendrix. It's a totally different ballpark from the Big Muff range. If you have plenty of cash though, then the Axis fuzz or an original Fuzz Face, but there are many pedals out there claiming to offer the Hendrix sound. Total Guitar magazine (UK) done a round up of Hendrix pedals, but I can't remember what issue it was.