Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying a JCM 800 2204(or perhaps a Ceriatone copy if you guys think thats a valid alternative). However, I have a couple of questions. As you know, the 800 only has one channel but it has a high and low input. The low input barely distorts and stays fairly clean, while the high input is used for higher gain. My question is, if I got an A/B/Y and ran the outputs to both of the inputs on the amp, could I use the A/B/Y pedal as a "channel switcher" between the low and high inputs?

Also, what do you guys think about Ceriatone copies of the JCM 800 and Plexi 50? If they're as good as the originals for much cheaper, I may go that route! Thanks everyone!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
i dont see why it would not work
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by The Real Ming
Ceriatone is a great alternative.

How close is it to the original? Is there a big difference in tone, or only small, subtle nuances? Are the differences worth the massive difference in price? Do you own a ceriatone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want this amp to last me for some time, so I don't want to buy it, then get an actual JCM in two years because the Ceriatone doesn't cut it.

In my experience its always better to go for the real deal. Otherwise, you'll always wonder....not much help i know, just some general advice
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
I don't think that'll work actually, I think if you plug in both one will override the other
Quote by Horlicks
I don't think that'll work actually, I think if you plug in both one will override the other

Do you know which one will override the other?

At least on some amps, if you plug into both they both become low inputs. But I don't know about this amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I own two Ceriatone amps. They both are of Fender models. For how well Ceriatone gets his Fender copies sounding, I'm sure the Marshall models are just as good.

Look in the gear building section. Gabel just finished an 18watter and I think he is pretty satisfied with it. Check it out.
I have been thinking of getting a Ceriatone JCM800 as well. I have heard really good things about them. As for it being way cheaper, no, not unless you are talking about getting a brand new Marshall JCM800 re-issue. Those are 2 grand and I hear they don't sound anywhere as good as the original. I have heard Ceriatones sounds much better then the Marshall re-issue.

You can get a used JCM800 for about a grand, and it will be 20+ years old. I priced out a 2204 model at Ceriatone, and with shipping it came out to be $1100. It is brand new though. That is enough at least for me to sacrifice some if any of the original tone. I just don't want a amp that has had the crap kicked out of it for 25 years. I am sure any tone loss the Ceriatone has will be minimal enough to be worth having a brand new JCM800. You can also have options installed if you want. I am going to go with a FX loop and a half power switch.