Sorry for another post from me on this topic first of all.

Tried to do it this weekend but was unable to make it to the store and stores near where I work are so incredibly loud and always packed. Granted, everything is subjective, but has anyone had the opportunity to play both of these head to head at equal, night time low volumes, to see if in fact the 30 watt really does sound better than the smaller 15 watt at lower volumes....either due to the speaker or wattage/tube factor that the 30 boasts.

I just don't need anything really loud and would hate to pay more to trade up to something that is even louder, but for my purposes will sound worse than the smaller one b/c I'm either dropping the wattage to much or not hitting a sweet spot b/c it's a bigger speaker/amp that is meant to be played louder.

I think this will be the last time I but you guys on this. Will likely be set one way or the other on this in a couple of days.
If you don't need volume, just get a Valve Jr and some pedals. You'll be alot better off.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
No offence, but this is your 26th thread this year on what amp, spend more time playing them instead of asking UG.
Quote by turbulenced
No offence, but this is your 26th thread this year on what amp, spend more time playing them instead of asking UG.

I know. Been waiting for that...
Why are you interested in the AD series? Seriously, just about any <$300 tube amp is going to have better tone then any <$300 SS amp. If it's just about the bells and whistles those will only get you so far. If you need cheap volume that's one thing, but if your just interested in bedroom volume get a cheap tube and pedals to equal the price of the AD 30. In the end you'll be glad you did.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Go out and play a lot of amps. Just because its tube, doesn't mean its automatically better.

I recommend a Vox AD over a VJ if you are a beginner and only have one amp.

VJ's make great second amps. I think a beginner will lose interest in the VJ. Whereas the Vox AD, with all its features, will hold the beginner's attention.
Like the variety more than I originally thought I would and compared to an old MG I had, sounds amazing.
i say go with the ad30vt, most people bash it now, but a few months they were praising it(they are hypocrites). it sounds good at low and high volume and is a good overall amp
the ad30vt would be a great choice, my friend has one.
its a pretty nice amp for the price.
but they only have one tube, so it really doesnt make much of a difference how loud its played.
so maybe the ad15vt would be enough.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by turbulenced

That was what I was going to say. I have answered your question, which is always the same one, several time. If you are unsure about the amp, go and get a Royal 8 or a VJ or something, and some pedals.