Share some stories when you or someone you know saved a life.

Wall of text warning

T he first story involves my brother and I. We were at a beach in Destin, FL and there was a red flag out that day. I was about 16 and he was about 14. My family and only a few others were at the beach. Suddenly I saw my brother being dragged out to sea by the undertoe. He was bobbing up and down yelling and waving his hands. I knew he wasn't very athletic so he might not last long or be able to keep afloat. I looked at my parents who were asleep laying on the beach and realized that I was the only one around who could help him. Thinking quickly, I grabbed a kids boogeyboard that was laying on the beach to help my brother and I stay above the rough waters. By this time my brother was in deeper waters and couldnt stand up (i guess about 10 feet deep) I ran to into the ocean baywatch style with a boogey board in hand and made my way out to him. I let him get on top of the boogey board and I swam diagnolly (to avoid the riptide) back to shore. By this time my parents had woken up and were very grateful. The strange part of this is that during spring break this year, my brother (now 17) saved a 10 year old from drowning that was being pulled out to sea. When you think about it, if I hadnt saved my brother, he couldnt have saved this other kid!

2 winters ago my family and I met up with my uncle and his family in Taos, NM for some snow skiing. My younger brother brought his friend Ty who was 15 at the time. We split up into groups, the better skiers who liked to go fast and enjoy the occasional crash which included myself my uncle and Ty. The other group consisted of the slower skiers which included my parents, brother, aunt and cousins.
The three of us in my group began going down a few black diamonds. The trail we were on flattened slightly and made almost a 90 degree turn to the left. My uncle went ahead and stopped at the turn which was at the edge of a cliff. He got out his video camera to record me and Ty on our way down. Ty skiid ahead of me and I noticed he began going too fast towards the cliff. He realized he had lost control and layed down on his side and slid towards the edge. I saw his legs slide off and then his midsection. He was hanging on with his arms and had his feet on some rocks or ice or a combo of the two.
I began to haul *** down the mountain after him and he was still sliding downward when I got to him. I planted the edge of my skis in the snow, leaned to the side holding myself up with one arm, then extended my pole to him. After he got his chest back on the higher ground I extended my arm to him and he climbed his way back up.
Last edited by Vagabond21 at Apr 28, 2008,
I grabbed some guy and pulled him off the road when a car almost hit him.

As close as ive come.
my friend kinda saved me i stepped out on the road in front of a bus then i went to tell my friend who was behind me something so i stepped back and then the bus almost hit me it was about an inch away. it didnt even slow down
i pulled my kitten out of freezing cold water last thursday, 3 more minutes a he probably would of been dead, now im sick from the cold, dirty water, though.
Quote by sam_brault
i pulled my kitten out of freezing cold water last thursday, 3 more minutes a he probably would of been dead, now im sick from the cold, dirty water, though.

Did he fall in a pond or somethin?

Where do you live that the water is freezing?
uhmmmm.....this one time......i swerved to avoid a squirrel.......he probably just got eaten by a hawk afterwards anyways
I've never really saved a life before except this one time Slippy called out "Fox! Get this guy off me!"
And so I proceded to help and he says "Thanks! I thought they had me."
I had sex with my girlfriend saving her from a deadly disease called virginity. Even though curing the disease may cause worse diseases like, pregnancy, marriage, or worse children.
When I was really young (probably 5 or 6) my family and I were hiking on a trail and we came to this big area with a lot of people. Under the bridge there was a kid playing in the water, looking for salamanders, etc. and his father was crouched down on a low part of the stream taking his picture. There was a bear behind him and apparently no one noticed it but me so I screamed something like "look out, bear!!!"

The dude turned around and saw the bear probably within 100 feet of him and just hauled ass, grabbed his kid and got out of there. Later we saw him on the trail and he thanked us.
Quote by RU Experienced?
When I was really young (probably 5 or 6) my family and I were hiking on a trail and we came to this big area with a lot of people. Under the bridge there was a kid playing in the water, looking for salamanders, etc. and his father was crouched down on a low part of the stream taking his picture. There was a bear behind him and apparently no one noticed it but me so I screamed something like "look out, bear!!!"

The dude turned around and saw the bear probably within 100 feet of him and just hauled ass, grabbed his kid and got out of there. Later we saw him on the trail and he thanked us.

When I'd read half the story I was already invisioning a 5 year old killing a bear with his bear hands.
I've convinced people to not kill themselves. Also generally stopped people from getting run over.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Vagabond21
When I'd read half the story I was already invisioning a 5 year old killing a bear with his bear hands.

BEAR hands?! I want bear hands
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

Quote by steee21
I grabbed some guy and pulled him off the road when a car almost hit him.

As close as ive come.
I've been the guy unexpectedly yanked out of the road by a stranger just as a car shoots past. He was rewarded with alcohol and fried chicken.

We saw the same car later - it was stolen and was being raced around town by kids smoking crack.
Quote by smb
I've been the guy unexpectedly yanked out of the road by a stranger just as a car shoots past. He was rewarded with alcohol and fried chicken.

Shit.

Wish I'd saved your life.
I was up Birmingham, and some fight broke out a kid got knocked out and hit his head off the floor and started fitting.

Me being a gentleman, i put him in the Recovery Position and checked his breathing and stuff till he stopped fitting ands woke up and stumbled home.