Hi All,

My current set up is this

Fender Highway-1 Strat
Orange Tiny Terror with PPC 112 Cab

I don't use any effects at the moment as i wanted to simplify my sound when I got the TT rather than the electronic mess that was my Line 6 Spider II.

But now I want to add some sort of pedal in front of my Tiny Terror that will enable me to alter the sound to create some more variety in songs I’m making. I was thinking along the lines of Overdrive, Distortion or Reverb – though Chorus could work too!!

I tried out a Boss GE-7 EQ Pedal to see if it could act as a nice Boost pedal and let me change the character of my amp when stomped on but it broke so I am taking it back. Since I am taking it back I thought rather than just do a like for like replacement I would ask what people thought since I wasn’t that impressed with it.

I want to know what pedals people recommend/sound good in-front of an Orange Tiny Terror. My budget is up to about £100. I don’t want crazy distortion or anything just something to add a bit of spice when required. I play stuff like RHCP through to AC/DC.

Thanks.
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
I know its going to sound obvious, but try the Boss DS-1. They're great for lighter distortion type stuff, and, they can get some decent dist. if you wish to venture. Or maybe try an OD pedal. Either way.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
I don't know what anyone else's experience are with pedals and a Tiny Terror, but I find they don't take them very well. I almost always end up playing my Tiny Terror with the same settings Rob Chapman use on his (minus his volume setting) That's when it sounds the best.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by icon_player_5
I know its going to sound obvious, but try the Boss DS-1. They're great for lighter distortion type stuff, and, they can get some decent dist. if you wish to venture. Or maybe try an OD pedal. Either way.

He gets good OD out of his amp, he has no need for a distortion pedal. You might wanna try an OD to boost/tighten up your amp gain for solos and whatnot.

Look into modulation effects such as phasers, chorus and flangers, and stuff like reverbs and delays.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I've been running an Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer through my TT, and it sounds great. Very nice for pushing the tubes and giving it a touch more gain and some more sustain, and also brings out harmonics well. You should also be able to use it just as a volume boost and for tightening up your tone.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Cool - I'll check out a Tubescreamer for the Distortion

As for other effects Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Reverb, Delay etc. What do people think? What are good models and will the Tiny Terror take them well?
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
I have basically the same setup as you and I find all my effects are taken by the TT well, I'm just looking for a nice reverb now (see sig for FX)
Quote by Qazo
Cool - I'll check out a Tubescreamer for the Distortion

As for other effects Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Reverb, Delay etc. What do people think? What are good models and will the Tiny Terror take them well?

EHX Small Clone and Small Stone for your chorus and phaser, Holy Grail for reverb, for a delay, some sort of Memory Man/ #1 Echo, and a Deluxe Electric Mistress.

Wow @ all the EHX.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Apr 28, 2008,
throw a delay pedal before it.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Consider something like a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive. It's a Tubescreamer clone with a knob that lets you adjust the mix from a clean boost to full overdrive without affecting the gain or the level. It's one of the most versatile OD's I've ever played with. Also on the list of very versatile things is the Visual Sound J&H.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM