Having a hard time finding bass lessons that show recurring riffs. Guitar lessons for chord progressions or riffs are a dime a dozen. Why is bass so different? Maybe I'm searching the wrong way. I just want some riffs I can practice, especially some slap bass riffs. Most stuff I find is wayyyyyyy over my head, not really what I would consider a typical recurring riff at all, it's just crazy stuff.

Looking for aggressive rock riffs like Cochise by audioslave or "suck my kiss" by the chili peppers and I don't know where to look.
Can't get much more recurring than "This is the Place" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. "Be Yourself" by Audioslave is pretty easy. Maybe look up some simple Rage Against the Machine like "Bulls on Parade". "Take the Power Back" by Rage Against the Machine is a somewhat simple slap riff.

EDIT: If you want something REAL repetitive I usually use the main verse riff from "Maria" by Rage Against the Machine to warm up my finger picking hand then the verse riff from "She's only 18" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers to warm up my fretting hand. Those are both real repeatable.

Just find riffs you like that are challenging for you and repeatable. Practice them until you master them. Then even once you nail them they're still good for warming up. If they're too easy then it's not a good lesson.

Hope this mess I call a post helps.
Last edited by KwikKopy at Apr 28, 2008,
look up songs by Morphine, like Buena and Thursday
Mark Sandman made some bumpin repetitive riffs
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
For slapping, I've actually found Tommy the Cat to be great practise. Of course you need to take it veryy slowly for a long time, but if I'm on a good day, I can nail it at full speed now (after a month or so of practising it).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
For slapping, I've actually found Tommy the Cat to be great practise. Of course you need to take it veryy slowly for a long time, but if I'm on a good day, I can nail it at full speed now (after a month or so of practising it).

that seems like a song you warm up FOR. over a period of four years...
Quote by guylee
that seems like a song you warm up FOR. over a period of four years...

Although it is incredibly fast, the fretting and rhythms are easy. Take it slowly, build the muscle memory and it comes with time.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1