ok so when i do some fast alt picking i sometimes turn the pick a bit sideways so like im kind of hitting the string with a little bit of the side of the pick.

Is this ok?Does anyone else here do this?

Don't let me down UG!
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Its just how you do it. Everybody has their own unique quirks that makes the way they play theirs. I usually play everything with my pick slightly angled.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
One -and only one- rule when it comes to music: If it sounds good, do it!

I know I do it, not consciously but I notice my picks wearing off quite fast, losing their tip. Can't do any harm.
As in the pick is angled when it hits the string? Perfectly normal. As a general rule for picking technique, if it doesn't harm your accuracy or speed or make you tense up, it should be fine.
Quote by icon_player_5
Its just how you do it. Everybody has their own unique quirks that makes the way they play theirs. I usually play everything with my pick slightly angled.

Yeah thats exactly what i mean,"slightly angled"!
And i guess this is ok right?
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
yep, its perfectly fine
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
ye my picking has like gone tottaly to the side haha, i had like a scratch on the only pick i had left (lost the rest :/) and so i started using the rounded side of the pick instead. well to cut the stoy short i didnt bother buying a new pick and now i have found that the sound i get from picking this way is much nicer, not to mention i find it more accurate and quicker

so ye i wouldnt worry bout it
I play with my pick angled when I alt pick because it helps me
pick smoother and faster. ALOT FASTER.
I need to hold my pick like that when I try to pick really fast, like on that Dick Dale song they play in Pulp Fiction.