Hey peeps,

I'd like you to check out my songs here and tell me what you think.

I dont know how you might classify my style and genre, prog metal maybe? I don't know but i do know I like it and I hope you guys do too.

I'm 5 years self taught and play mostly rhythm. Many of my influences include: Metallica, Megadeth, Bullet For My Valentine, Children of Bodom, The Offspring and most of all, Coheed And Cambria.

I know my recording quality is really bad, its not my distortion, its my recording program and mic. I need to find a new recording program that has bass and drum tracks and maybe invest in a new mic but for now, this is all i got. If you could lead me in the direction of a good program, that'd be cool.

Thanks for taking interest and feedback would be most appreciated!
C4C
Last edited by CoCaFanatic at Apr 28, 2008,
Myspace doesn't work for me. Could you upload it? And nice taste in music, same as me mostly, even your style of playing, rhythm, is what I like to play also. Just for that, I'm looking forward to this song.
Quote by fob12
Myspace doesn't work for me. Could you upload it? And nice taste in music, same as me mostly, even your style of playing, rhythm, is what I like to play also. Just for that, I'm looking forward to this song.

I dont know how to upload my songs to my profile and i dont really know if i can because i am currently at school right now and i cant get on myspace either, and my songs are saved on my computer at home.

i get off school in about an hour though so when i get home i might figure out how to put them up in my profile

thanks for taking an interest

EDIT: i figured out how to get them into my profile so i have 5 of the 6 songs posted in my profile, the last one (sept27) doesnt want to download correctly off of myspace so i guess ull just have to listen to it there, or i could just re-record it but im feelin a bit lazy to do that right now
Last edited by CoCaFanatic at Apr 28, 2008,
i couldnt really hear most of it, and the lack other band mates, shows through. im not dissing your music, but just try and look for other band mates.
well, yesterday after a fun night of gettin so really baked, i came up with 2 new songs. YAY!! i get off school at 12:30 and gotta ride my bike home but after that im gonna start recording right away and i'll have them up on my profile before the end of the day
I enjoyed the songs. They have some very catchy riffs and even a few nice leads. One suggestion I would make is to really back off on the mids of your tone. It sounds like you have them set mid-high. It also sounds like you weren't using a great mic, but there isn't much you can do about that.

The songs themselves are well writen. You should really look for a singer and put some lyrics over the songs. In my mind, that would complete these songs.
Not bad... They could use drums and vocals, but a good start.
You can find plenty of free drum programs online. Personally I love guitars loaded with mids, however, I would back the gain down a lottt and try multi tracking, helps loads.

Definately got some heavy groove in your riffage \mmmm/.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849027
hey man, theres alot of really awesome riffs floating around those tracks, just need better production and some drums to make it heavier! "lets mosh" in particular caught my attention. are you looking at turning this into a band at some point? id love to hear this with more than jsut the guitar