What are some finger exercises one can practicve without a guitar? Ones that build speed, dexterity, etc.

For example, I know one where you raise your first and third fingers, then simontaneously put them down as you raise your second and fourth fingers.

Does anyone know any others?
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
You can google these, they'll help a little, to a point, IF you don't have your guitar handy. The best ones are actually playing on your guitar.

You can only get so good at running an outdoor marathon when you train on a treadmill - same idea...
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by CrushedCan
What are some finger exercises one can practicve without a guitar? Ones that build speed, dexterity, etc.

For example, I know one where you raise your first and third fingers, then simontaneously put them down as you raise your second and fourth fingers.

Does anyone know any others?

Sadly enough, that's kinda hard....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
they make a device I believe is called a "grip master".. It's small enough to fit in your pocket and it is spring loaded with a pad for each finger. The tension is way more that you need playing guitar and you can do several exercises with it.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
by uncle squeezes a squash or tennis ball to build up his hand strength
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
You have to be careful with those Gripmasters. Use it too much and you'll get carpal tunnel in your hands.

I believe it was Beethoven that nearly crippled himself trying to use some sort of finger weights to help his speed. Same idea.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
you should use Powerball. i have one and everyday pratice up to half an hour , and it keeps the strenght ...