I own a Boss GE-7 graphic eq pedal and have been playing around with it a little in the FX loop of my HRD (drive channel). Whilst I've managed to get somewhat rectifier-esque tones (!) I find something more 'Marshally' eludes me. Any ideas? I'm guessing boost the upper-mids...
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Last edited by pEdAl2 at Apr 28, 2008,
you can't get marshall out of fender sorry just doesn't work
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Not looking for a Marshall sound exactly but just a little more British sounding - I know I won't get anything 'authentic'.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
ok try bumping your mids and bass maybe? and turn your gain up a fair amount on the hot rod probably all the way
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Leave Treble as is, and bass, but boost the 3 middle frequencies by quite some margin, dime the mids on the amp, put the level on the pedal all the way up if it has one, and try boosting all the mids by around 9-12dB, 12db in the middle and 9 db either side.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
well i say save up for an mi audio crunch box or a fulltone ocd, thats probably the closest you're gonna get on a HRD