Page 1 of 4
Just seen it on the news. Minimum 15 years. Should be full life imprisonment, the only punishment that is enough for any murder
i reckon death penalty is in order, take a life take yours rite bak. thats my way off seeing things
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
Quote by leprechaun_sean
i reckon death penalty is in order, take a life take yours rite bak. thats my way off seeing things

Nope. That would make you just as bad.

Let them rot in prison for the rest of their lives.
Quote by leprechaun_sean

Okay, Hamurabi.
<Han> I love Hitler
Keeping people in jail for 70+ years costs too much. It'd be probably work out a lot cheaper and worse for them if we just paid a poor country to keep our prisoners in their jails/do whatever they want with them
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by leprechaun_sean

Nah, that's the easy way out. Being anally raped in the showers everyday for the rest of your life is a much better punishment.
Quote by faultyy
Keeping people in jail for 70+ years costs too much. It'd be probably work out a lot cheaper and worse for them if we just paid a poor country to keep our prisoners in their jails/do whatever they want with them

And if that's not one of the worst rehabilitation ideas I've ever seen.....
Who?
Eye for an eye is my belief.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I sya don't execute them.

I'm not against the death penalty because I think it is cruel and unusual, I don't give two sh*ts about people who knowingly kill someone else who didn't deserve it.

I'm against it because it's an easy way out. They should have to sit in jail and think about it for the rest of their lives. I just wish jail wasn't a somewhat decent place to live. Murderers don't deserve cable Also it costs a sh*t load.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Nah, that's the easy way out. Being anally raped in the showers everyday for the rest of your life is a much better punishment.

They've replaced anal rape with good food and Playstations in UK jails unfortunately
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by leprechaun_sean

Whilst we're at it, lets encourage physical punishment in schools, a hand cut off for stealing and burn the heathens who don't agree with the Bible.

Yeah, all that stuff.

Capital punishment is unjust and uncivilised. It's taking five step backwards.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
And if that's not one of the worst rehabilitation ideas I've ever seen.....

Who said anything about rehabilitation? They didn't give their victims a chance, why should they get one?

Should also mention I didn't mean my pervious idea for anyone who goes to jail, just people who get/deserve life

****ing hell. The worst thing is that im not even surprised - this country is really ****ed. These mindless chavs are the sole reason why its crap to live in britain. Just pure sick, embarrasing and typical. Hate it, this should be the governments main concern, getting everyone real education and dicipline so that there is no one left stupid enough so stamp somebody to death.

Anyone else sick of this country?
Quote by Grouch
****ing hell. The worst thing is that im not even surprised - this country is really ****ed. These mindless chavs are the sole reason why its crap to live in britain. Just pure sick, embarrasing and typical. Hate it, this should be the governments main concern, getting everyone real education and dicipline so that there is no one left stupid enough so stamp somebody to death.

*puts hand over location*

YEA!!!!
Quote by conceptne
Their sentences are too short, they'll be out before they're 40. What happened was awful.

Fifteen years is a long, long time... And whoever told you prisoners are living a comfy live in prison are lying.
I think death sentence doesnt briing us down to their level as it is in the name of justice, and i think it should be brought back.
Also so should torture
And criminals should be entered in gladiatorial games to the death for our own enjoyment

and I'm not kidding about any of them either, society in britain is waaaaay to soft
Quote by Craigo
Fifteen years is a long, long time... And whoever told you prisoners are living a comfy live in prison are lying.

I don't know how it is in Britain, but our prisoners get three square meals a day, free education, central heating and air conditioning, something we don't try hard enough to give to poverty stricken families. And if we did give those things to poverty stricken families, I bet crime would go down a bit, thus requiring less jails and thus less taxes.
Quote by Grouch

A bit, but you can't solely blame "chavs", idiots dress in different ways, there's no uniform unfortunately

Quote by faultyy
Who said anything about rehabilitation? They didn't give their victims a chance, why should they get one?

Should also mention I didn't mean my pervious idea for anyone who goes to jail, just people who get/deserve life

SPOILER;

People are forced into crime due to bad circumstances such as poverty which is beyond their control, or a bad childhood which is beyond their control.

Those who are educated in prisons (Maths, English, Drugs, etc) are three times more likely not to recommit.
Quote by Grouch

You try running a country

Or teaching in a state school for that matter.
Quote by Grouch

I'm damn sick of it and I hate chavs.

Its why I'm going to buy my own island somewhere where people can \come to have a rest from chavs and listening to chav music/acting like a chav results in a death sentence
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I don't know how it is in Britain, but our prisoners get three square meals a day, free education, central heating and air conditioning, something we don't try hard enough to give to poverty stricken families. And if we did give those things to poverty stricken families, I bet crime would go down a bit, thus requiring less jails and thus less taxes.

MOST (not all) prisons in the UK hit basic rights plus education. Britain isn't so bad for poverty any more either.

In your country's defence (although America needs to sort themselves out and help people, not themselves) there are far harsher sentences in the US.
Quote by condork
I'm damn sick of it and I hate chavs.

Its why I'm going to buy my own island somewhere where people can \come to have a rest from chavs and listening to chav music/acting like a chav results in a death sentence

Cool dude alert.
I'm not capable of running a country but the its the governments job to be. Its just typical of cowardly britain, to not allow the discipline some of these wankers need.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Who?
Eye for an eye is my belief.

At least someone has common sense.

Plus, have you seen these prisons? They have TV's and allsorts. 15 years in there with 3 meals a day is probably a better life they'd be getting.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Craigo
SPOILER;

People are forced into crime due to bad circumstances such as poverty which is beyond their control, or a bad childhood which is beyond their control.

Those who are educated in prisons (Maths, English, Drugs, etc) are three times more likely not to recommit.

How can making the decision to kick somebody to death be out of your control?!

Ok, you've got a point with theft, robbery, etc. But at the end of the day if somebody takes a life on purpose why should people who aren't criminals pay for them to be given another chance?

I say these situations are where capital punishment shines.

1. Creates some space in already overcrowding prisons.

2. Hopefully it would encourage parents to actually give a **** when it comes to teenage discipline.

3. If your religious, rotting in prison for the rest of your life in incomparable to rotting in hell for eternity, which these guys surely deserve.
Quote by condork
I think death sentence doesnt briing us down to their level as it is in the name of justice, and i think it should be brought back.
Also so should torture
And criminals should be entered in gladiatorial games to the death for our own enjoyment

and I'm not kidding about any of them either, society in britain is waaaaay to soft

Study politics and sociology. Your posts make me cringe.
Quote by faultyy
How can making the decision to kick somebody to death be out of your control?!

Ok, you've got a point with theft, robbery, etc. But at the end of the day if somebody takes a life on purpose why should people who aren't criminals pay for them to be given another chance?

Children who are brought up badly act badly. I've only met one kid who has been fostered who isn't a mess.
Quote by Craigo
Study politics and sociology. Your posts make me cringe.

Well at least with gladiatorial games, the prisoners have a chance at life

A lot more hardcore than stickin em with a needle, lol.

/joke
If they get rape everyday for the rest of lives, sure, life in prison doesn't sound too bad of a punishment,
Quote by blair30
I say these situations are where capital punishment shines.

1. Creates some space in already overcrowding prisons.

2. Hopefully it would encourage parents to actually give a **** when it comes to teenage discipline.

3. If your religious, rotting in prison for the rest of your life in incomparable to rotting in hell for eternity, which these guys surely deserve.

I'm not going to list my reasons against capital punishment, so I'll refer you to this;

A lot of people in the UK think this should be reinstated. Fortunately, Brown is being sensible and rightly ignoring everyone. Good call. For once.

Anyway, list of reasons why the death penalty should not be there.

1)Cost. It's cheaper to lock someone up for 50 years than it is to execute them (this is all based on the US figures). The average amount of time spent on Death Row is about 20 years, so you've got to pay for that much prison in the first place. Most of those 20 years are actually spent in a courtroom and not in a cell. Court's expensive and in no time at all you've already exceeded what it would to lock them up for life. So, in the event that you're a prick who makes decisions about human lives based on cost, you've got no argument.
2)Killing innocent people. Lots of barbarians blow this off with "only if it's 100% certain" or "DNA and forensic evidence mean it can be certain". A)Nothing is ever certain and B)DNA and forensic evidence are never certain. Highly, highly probable, so highly probable as to be pretty much certain, but still not actually certain. It is possible to wrongly convict people on DNA evidence. Especially if the body is found in a fairly advanced state of decomposition. Just look at the samples they found of "Maddie's" blood in her parents' hire car. It was degraded so they much they can't say with ANY certainty that it was her blood. Or even that it was actually blood. And that was what, a few weeks?
The killing of innocent people would be enough to put me off. It's not like the guilty are being let off and allowed to wander about in society, they're still ****ed. But I won't kill some murderers if it means killing some innocent people. Also, related note, people say you should reduce the amount of court time and appeals to reduce the cost enough to make it economically sensible, but that just makes it more likely that they'll kill someone who's innocent.
3)Violation of human rights. Usual stuff. You can call us all liberal nutjobs but I'm not stooping to their level. We don't kill people. It's wrong.
4)Nobody has the right to decide. I hear a lot of **** like "They DESERVE to die", every time I just think "wait, who the **** gave you the authority to make that decision?" You people aren't supreme moral authorities and you cannot tell me they DESERVE to die. Well, you can, but your opinion carries no weight because you're not in a position to make that call.
5)State power. Most pro-CP people are fascists so this usually won't bother them but I for one don't think the state should have the power to kill. It is not a just system of affairs. Everyone has to live in a country whether they like it or not, I didn't sign up to be in a country where the government could kill people. Not gonna happen.
6)Hypocrisy. By killing them you validate their actions. Their problem is that they don't show respect for human life. We shouldn't show them that we don't either. I want to be as little like these people as possible, and if that means taking the moral high ground and behaving like a civilised person, well that's what I'm going to do.
7)Barbaric. This is the 21st century. It is outrageous that people still think it is appropriate to kill people whose actions they disagree with.
8)Jail time is an appropriate alternative. You hear a lot of stuff about how people have a cushy life in prison, but I guarantee you it's bull****. It's all written by people who have never spent time in prison. Ask anyone who's been in prison and see whether they relish the thought of spending 20+ years in there. I don't think they'll like the ide a.

I think there are a couple of others, and I might add them in a later blog. This should be enough to prove my point though...
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Nope. That would make you just as bad.

Let them rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

I've never understood this logic.

Most people would agree that life in prison is a much harsher punishment than a painless death, so wouldn't that make YOU just as bad? Wouldn't death technically be more civil?
Quote by Craigo
Children who are brought up badly act badly. I've only met one kid who has been fostered who isn't a mess.

So being brought up badly is a licence to go out and kick somebody who is dressed in a way you don't like to death?

I do half agree with what you are saying, however using upbringing as an excuse for killing somebody then deserving help and a second chance doesn't quite sit right with me. Lesser crimes fair enough, but killing somebody crosses the line and keeps going

Quote by Craigo
SPOILER;

Exactly man, its something the goverment needs to look into and spend money on. The phsychology that's involved with why people turn out like this. Most of its about the poor conditions and alot of it is to do with schools - so i say concentrate more of the billions of pounds they get from OUR paychecks (tax) into better facilities and conditions for young people.

I will be writing to my MP about the matter very soon as i feel i need to at least try and change something.
Quote by Grouch
Exactly man, its something the goverment needs to look into and spend money on. The phsychology that's involved with why people turn out like this. Most of its about the poor conditions and alot of it is to do with schools - so i say concentrate more of the billions of pounds they get from OUR paychecks (tax) into better facilities and conditions for young people.

I will be writing to my MP about the matter very soon as i feel i need to at least try and change something.

Yet you think murders should fight each other to the death?!

Stop joining band wagons.

EDIT: There's loads for kids to do, kids don't go out looking for them. Poorest state schools yes, but the rest of your post is crap.
Page 1 of 4