Any other Wheatus fans on UG?

I think they're one of the most underrated rock bands on the planet, to be honest. Sony basically whored them out for their first two singles then dumped all over them, gave next-to-no promotion for their second album, then caused a big fuss when the band wanted to get out of their contract.

But yeah, they're much more than Teenage Dirtbag.
i had there cd with.. yep you guessed it.. teenage dirt bag and a little respect on it, i'd totaly forgoten about them to be honest but it was a great little summer album.
think i'll go dig that out and have a beer.
You're right, it's a great summery album, and great for a nice bout of nostalgia.

Their fourth (latest) album is quite dark in comparison - some quite sombre songs like This Island and The Truth I Tell Myself. Tis fantastic!

But yeah, the first album has some great wee tunes on it. Gotta love Truffles!

Oh, they've also recently written a song with MC Lars about Barack Obama (well, it's more to do with black history, but it's also about him).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXVSJ6vLULA

It's an alright song... more 'MC Lars feat. Wheatus' than 'Wheatus feat. MC Lars', although Brendan B. Brown did write most of the track. Pretty catchy, though.
Last edited by _deeperthewound at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by kryptonite22
That is a terrible song. I appreciate the sentiment but the song is just awful.

Why do you think that (curious)? I loved them back when that movie came out… forgot what its called though, but I haven’t checked them out since… I’m gonna do that right now
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Last edited by mikko_9119 at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by kryptonite22
That is a terrible song. I appreciate the sentiment but the song is just awful.

Meh, I kinda agree with you. The first time I heard it, I was really disappointed. It has grown on me a bit since then, though.

If you're looking for tracks to check out by the band, go for Lemonade, William McGovern, The Truth I Tell Myself, and Fair Weather Friend.
Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby

Yeah, I'm part of the group that only knows that song.

You can hate me if you want.

Do they still have the extremely feminine-sounding vocalist? Dear god I swear that guy made my balls hurt with his singing.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Hehe, I used to kind of like them back in the day. Teenage Dirtbag was the first song I learned to play on guitar

I also liked Little Respect, the B side to that (whatever it was called) and that Leroy song. Apart from that, I'm pretty much ignorant of them, along with most people.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Greenfinger182
Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby

Yeah, I'm part of the group that only knows that song.

You can hate me if you want.

Do they still have the extremely feminine-sounding vocalist? Dear god I swear that guy made my balls hurt with his singing.

Hey, I'm not gonna hate on you for that. Most people only know that song. Thanks to Sony Records.

Yeah, Brendan is the only original member left in the band. He still sings some pretty high parts, but there's a lot more lower stuff, especially on the last album.
Quote by mikko_9119
Why do you think that (curious)?
I don't know, it's just so cheesy. The chorus especially, and coupled with the videos of Obama makes it even more so.

Don't get me wrong, I like Obama (but this isn't about politics), but I just don't think as a song it really achieves anything other than an ephemeral campaign trail kind of appeal. It's just too happy-go-lucky for me and too simple. I even enjoy a little of MC Lars but this isn't one of his best works.
Quote by _deeperthewound
Yeah, Brendan is the only original member left in the band. He still sings some pretty high parts, but there's a lot more lower stuff, especially on the last album.

thats cool... the high voice could get annoying sometimes, its nice to have some variety in there
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by kryptonite22
I don't know, it's just so cheesy. The chorus especially, and coupled with the videos of Obama makes it even more so.

Don't get me wrong, I like Obama (but this isn't about politics), but I just don't think as a song it really achieves anything other than an ephemeral campaign trail kind of appeal. It's just too happy-go-lucky for me and too simple. I even enjoy a little of MC Lars but this isn't one of his best works.

Although it took the guys a while to put the track together, it gives the impression it was kinda thrown together a bit, doesn't it? It sounds like something that Lars decided not to put on his The Graduate CD...

And yeah, considering the subject matter is more concerned with black history etc, I think they could have better reflected that in the video.