so i have a couple months to go around and try some guitars at various local locations, but i was wondering what you guys would say is the finest guitar in the $1500-2000 range, i'll be playing it before i buy it for sure, so throw out w/e suggestions u think of

i play metal, prog metal, death metal

i love my sg and havnt played a guitar i like better yet, but i havnt been looking around yet or recently

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
I would say an Ibanez Prestige of almost any kind, or a custom shop model, like an ESP, a Jackson, or maybe a good Carvin. A good Gibson with a pickup change i think would work as well.
Gibson Les Paul Custom in alpine white. Coolest thing ever, I'd die for one, but then I wouldn't be able to play it if I was dead, so I won't. But yeah.

/thread
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
you could try a Carvin DC727 for a little bit less than that, they are semi-customs which means you choose the wood it is made of and the colours and the type of bridge

here is the guitar website

ofcourse there are more guitars then the DC727, but they are all up there so have a look i'm thinking about getting a DC727 so that is why that was my first thought
oh fine..go with the ****in Gibson!..les paul though, they are full of sexy..specially in Rootbeer colour, makes me drool
Gibson Les Paul Studio yessss
forget about all the deans, jacksons, ESPs, ibanez-es, and whatever
Gibson is the finest guitar at a 1500-2000 price range.
and **** mods. just get a ****ing Gibson lol.

but if u must avoid Gibsons then try a Paul Reed Smith guitar.
Get the John Petrucci signature model with the piezo. It'll sound great with what you play.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Squier Bullet strat ftw!! XD LOL
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Jackson RR1!
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
lol are you serious? have you ever heard of Adam Jones from tool, i wonder what he plays... A LES PAUL
Sorry my mistake HIS metal needs. DEATH METAL with A Les paul..?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
yeah definitely not what its meant for but les pauls have proven themselves to be a very versatile guitar. but i definitely agree with you, if hes looking for a death metal guitar he probably shouldn't go for the les paul unless he puts some high output pickups in there
jackson kelly ke2 if it plays and sounds any where close to my old kelly std, and i`ll bet it does, then that would be MY first choice for a metal guitar. but im biased.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab