Okay. So I have this paper due and it sort of has to be...15-20 pages. The topic I chose as my senior paper was "jim morrison, the man behind the drugs." And his whole life ((as a musician))easily fills a few pages but i need more personal stuff about him. Like his poetry and love life...

Im already getting some of his books and biographies and the point of the paper is to write down what you think.. I thought it would be a good idea to interview the pit on one of the greatest legends in rock n roll.

Give me your thoughts about him : ) tell me about what you think of his music, Inspire me. Also suggest me some stuff.

Try to be mature. ((as hard as it sounds))
Please?

-WPFF
Jim Morrison was in the Doors.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Wikipedia is your friend
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
You're asking the pit to help with homework and you expect mature responses? Shows that thee be new here.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Your attempt at maturity=failed

Obviously your attempt at making people do your homework for you or at least parts of it = failed.

There, I hope that helped.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

Pretty much.

Watch the film about him and the Doors, I think its just called "The Doors"

I watched it a couple of years ago, its a great film. Really shows his desent as a person, from like a poetic hippy to a drug addled, drunk mess really.

LA Woman is a great record btw
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by cheese_weasel
You're asking the pit to help with homework and you expect mature responses? Shows that thee be new here.

Im not asking the pit to do my homework for me. Im asking people what they think about him since this is a music heavy environment. Pleas think before you speak.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

Yes, that was definitely an attempt at maturity.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by screwup30

LA Woman is great ...

Well.. I got into town bout an hour agooo...
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow...
Where the little girls in their hollywood bungalows...
Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light...
Or just another lost angel...city of night...
City of night, city of night, city of night, woo, cmon...
LA WOMAN.... LA WOMAN

I couldn't help it. You suck ... now I have to listen to The Doors.

Also.. to T/S.. why do you care what WE think of him? It's your paper. Our opinion isn't going to help your paper. Or at least... I don't see how it will.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Apr 28, 2008,
I have seen the movie "the doors" a million times and it was a good idea to get a base ground on my ideas but with movies and a little research its hard to divide truth from holywood.
I suggest watching Oliver Stone's movie called "The Doors". It was really well done and does give some insight on him. Some of the things that I've noticed from Jim are:

-When he was young, the most freighting moment in his life, also one that changed it, was when he was driving in a car with his family at a young age and he saw an accident took place. A group of Indians were lying dead or dying on the highway, although Jim didn't know what had happened, he never forgot it as he believed that the souls of the Indians jumped into his. This is also noted in a Door's song "Peace Frog", in which the line in the song goes "Indians scattered on dawn's highway, ghosts crowed the young child's fragile eggshell mind.

-Another one of my favorite moments is that when preforming on the Ed Sullivan show, he was told to change the line "Girl, we couldn't get much higher" to "Girl, we couldn't get much better" in their hit song "Light My Fire". When he performed the song, he said higher and to me, that really is a significant moment in his musical career. It shows that lyrics are important to him and should not be changed around.

Hope that helped
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Jim was a premiscuous self inspired, self indulgent dreamer. He was obsessed with death, and he sought it frequently which is probably why he died at the age of 27. He quit film school to be a poet. This lead him to form the Doors with his old pal Ray Manzerick (sp?). Robbie Krieger joined next and I for the love of satan cannot remember the name of the drummer. Jim did what he wanted when he wanted on no ones terms but his own ( I respect that I do) his work with the Doors was a large experiment into drugs and alot of the "unradio friendly" material is very cognasant of that. His poetry is deffinately covered in drug referances so I think you got your title right. His death is disputed. His wife said she found him dead of an overdose in the bath tub. There are those now who say that he died at the bar in the bathroom and some people put him in the tub. Who knows? Not him, he was dead at the time. I know this has all kinda had a negative conotation, I am not negative on Jim or the Doors, I am a fan, but I must be blunt. And the truth is the negative dark thing, so yeah...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Just Andrew
I suggest watching Oliver Stone's movie called "The Doors". It was really well done and does give some insight on him. Some of the things that I've noticed from Jim are:

-When he was young, the most freighting moment in his life, also one that changed it, was when he was driving in a car with his family at a young age and he saw an accident took place. A group of Indians were lying dead or dying on the highway, although Jim didn't know what had happened, he never forgot it as he believed that the souls of the Indians jumped into his. This is also noted in a Door's song "Peace Frog", in which the line in the song goes "Indians scattered on dawn's highway, ghosts crowed the young child's fragile eggshell mind.

-Another one of my favorite moments is that when preforming on the Ed Sullivan show, he was told to change the line "Girl, we couldn't get much higher" to "Girl, we couldn't get much better" in their hit song "Light My Fire". When he performed the song, he said higher and to me, that really is a significant moment in his musical career. It shows that lyrics are important to him and should not be changed around.

Hope that helped

It does but You're partially wrong. On the ED Sullivan show he did not say "girl we couldn't get much higher" he actually highlighted the chorus "light my FIRE" he did change the line. But thank you.
read " light my fire " by ray manzarek, hes their keyboard player. it's an amazing book, i just finished it. DON'T WATCH THE DOORS MOVIE FOR INFORMATION! oliver stone was way off with that movie.

edit : all these people who got their information from the movie, don't even bother reading what they post.
Alright well so far i got some "okay" info but i could use some opinions... what do you all think about Jim?
I'd recommend reading "Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend" by Stephen Davis, if your library has it. it's really good, and it is more focused on Morrison's life than just his music.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Sweet! Thank you good sir, you've saved my ass!

Morrison came up with the name of the band The Doors after reading Adulous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception...talk about that maybe?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
Morrison came up with the name of the band The Doors after reading Adulous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception...talk about that maybe?

THAT! is a good idea. I noticed that in the movie despite it's ugly facts. The doors throw an interesting name for a music group. I actually thought about this earlier while researching.
What about his lovers? To sum it up? besides Pam would did jim fukk :P?
Quote by WillPlayForFood
It does but You're partially wrong. On the ED Sullivan show he did not say "girl we couldn't get much higher" he actually highlighted the chorus "light my FIRE" he did change the line. But thank you.
According to The Doors movie, he did say "higher".

Also, according to the video, he did say "higher" , but yes, he did accent 'Fire', which is why I love that performance so much.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab