I've heard alot about this guitar and seen a few youtube vids of testing, but I thought it would be best to ask you guys what you think of it and if you own or have played one. Thanks guys.

Tomo
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
You are going to get a lot of negative answers. (ex. plywood is better, sounds terrible, Gibson sucks etc.) But I for one, have played several, and liked each one that I played. There are some good ones, and some sub par ones. Try it for yourself and see.
Be cool.
i've got an sg (not the faded one) but it plays good for me

i love gibson^^
Quote by thedude051
You are going to get a lot of negative answers. (ex. plywood is better, sounds terrible, Gibson sucks etc.) But I for one, have played several, and liked each one that I played. There are some good ones, and some sub par ones. Try it for yourself and see.

Dude thanks for such a good reply, very helpful! I should give one a try soon.. Anyway people keep the replies coming!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
ive tried the Standard and Special Faded and i like the standard more. The special faded sg paint just feels a bit...cheap, other than that brilliant guitar.
i own one and wow its friking awesome!, but then again i tried like 7 of the same kind and they all felt different, so if ur gonna buy one, try it out for yourself first
Cool thanks.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Meh
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Anyone else tried this guitar?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
i had it, liked it, and sold it cause i was in need of money, thn when i saved up more money thn i was going for, i bought a sg standard, but the specal faded is still an excellent guitar. despite the price tag it still screams and growl like any other gibson.
Had mine for 2 years now and love it. I don't know how they are now since when I got mine they were almost $1,000. Try a few out, swap the pickups and your good to go.
I own one. The stock pickups are horrible, so you'll want to change those out for something better. Other than that, it's a great guitar. Pretty much as good as a standard but cheaper.
Quote by GetOutOfMyYard
I own one. The stock pickups are horrible, so you'll want to change those out for something better. Other than that, it's a great guitar. Pretty much as good as a standard but cheaper.

Exactly. I couldn't believe the difference when I got a new pickup installed. Personally I like the worn finish. Theres not a million layers of junk thats gonna crack over time. The worn finish still looks good when the guitar gets all beat up. Besides that it just has the dot inlays but I like them better than the pyramid ones. The pyramids are too flashy for such a basic guitar like an SG.
The stock pickups in my opinion are great. I own an SG Special and it handles just about every genre very well. The faded, special and standard all have the same neck pickup while the standard has a different bridge one (which i don't think sounds THAT much better). I'd say try them all out even though i cant imagine them sounding much different, but the biggest difference is just the inlays and finish...
Gear
Gibson SG Special Black
Schecter C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (Soon!)
Spider 2 210
Boss TU-2
Boss Equalizer