Page 1 of 2
Post music that is absurdly difficult to play. I'm really only going to post music that I lile. Composers like Finnissy and Sorabji have written some of the most difficult music imaginable, but I hate the sound of it.

Alkan - 'Le Chemin de Fer', Etude Op.27 [Laurent Martin], audio only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpXr2PgdQk

Alkan's music, from what I've heard, is absurdly difficult. My favorite is from 3:48 to 4:13.
If you try playing a full piano score for something like... chopin's etudes or something, you'll get depressed

EDIT: i thought you meant for the guitar.

There's two kinds of difficulties in playing music. Theres the the technical side, and the musical side. This piece didn't actually seem as absurdly difficult as some other things i've heard.

Try listening to/watching yundi li on youtube or something.

EDIT 2: i found a link for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEnfZjqMSy0&feature=related

This is more musically hard than the etude imo
Last edited by Xn00bX at Apr 28, 2008,
No idea, but I have to say Asturias looks and sounds impossible to play as well as Malageuna.

Ive only recently taken up classical guitar and those two pieces are my aim to learn within the next..... 10 years :S
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
No idea, but I have to say Asturias looks and sounds impossible to play as well as malageuna.

Ive only recently taken up classical guitar and those two pieces are my aim to learn within the next..... 10 years :S

Both the threadstarter and I can play Asturias haha, and neither of us (well at least I) have been playing for 10 years. It's very possible

Yi Dance, by Xuefei Yang, is one of the most difficult pieces I've heard.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Guitardude19
No idea, but I have to say Asturias looks and sounds impossible to play as well as malageuna.

I can play "Asturias", and I can honestly say it sounds more difficult than it is. The introduction is very tiring at first, but I think that if you to take classical guitar seriously, you'll be learning it much quicker than you think.
Quote by Dreadnought
Both the threadstarter and I can play Asturias haha, and neither of us (well at least I) have been playing for 10 years. It's very possible

Yi Dance, by Xuefei Yang, is one of the most difficult pieces I've heard.

Hehe, I watch my teacher playing and just sit there in awe. Asturais is one of my favourite things to listen to. I have the John Williams recording on my PC, my MP3 player and is my most listened to track. I cant pin down why I like it so much. It just always sounds amazing.

Quote by The Madcap
I can play "Asturias", and I can honestly say it sounds more difficult than it is. The introduction is very tiring at first, but I think that if you to take classical guitar seriously, you'll be learning it much quicker than you think.

I really do want to take it seriously, I have a desire for it, as well as flamenco. Hmmm flamenco is just... Hmmmm.

The rock/metal guitar is fine but I need something else aswell! Ive always wanted to learn classical but Ive only just now have the time and money to invest in it. Starting grade 3 UK next month with my teacher once I have all the books and the techniques down. Though I really am struggling with the appayando technique (only started learning yesterday).
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by Guitardude19
Hehe, I watch my teacher playing and just sit there in awe. Asturais is one of my favourite things to listen to. I have the John Williams recording on my PC, my MP3 player and is my most listened to track. I cant pin down why I like it so much. It just always sounds amazing.

I remember the obsession that I had with Asturias/Leyenda, and I can totally relate with how you feel about it

Be glad to know that you'll have that type of love for MANY more pieces throughout the vast menagerie of pieces written for the classical guitar and its family!

I'd like to also submit the fourth and final movement of Stélé by Phillip Houghton.
Quote by Guitardude19
No idea, but I have to say Asturias looks and sounds impossible to play as well as Malageuna.

As they said... not as hard as you may think.

Malaguena is much harder than Asturias in my opinion.

I can't play Malaguena though.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']^ Asturias is an awe-inspiring piece.

It definitely does sound harder than it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycrJULVlSY
I love this piece, but the tremolo is so damn hard for me to get right.

*Melts*

Sounds beautiful!
Quote by rockoutwithyour
anyone have a pdf for Asturias? or a link? PM me, i need something for my uni audition.

Check out the Classical Guitar Resources thread in the Acoustic/Classical forum. There are plenty of sheet music repositories linked to.
Thank you Dreadnought and Madcap, for making me feel like a worthless sh*t, because I'm struggling with Capricho Arabe..

^ Why feel worthless? Everyone starts out somewhere, it's up to you to have the drive desire to constantly better yourself.

As long as you're having a good time and doing what you want, there's nothing we can hold against you mate.
Quote by NielsWho
Thank you Dreadnought and Madcap, for making me feel like a worthless sh*t, because I'm struggling with Capricho Arabe..

Why feel worthless?

I look at it like "If they can do it, so can I."
Quote by Guitardude19
Why feel worthless?

I look at it like "If they can do it, so can I."

Best attitude to have
Quote by Dreadnought
Best attitude to have

Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
SMOKE ON THE WATER!!

Jokes, but on the R&B rock stuff, probably Lazy by the Purps (who also do SOTM). Getting the keyboards and guitar in perfect sync and some of the stuff Blackmore does live and in the studio is amazingly difficult.

And the Man In Black does it all without ANY mistakes!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by The Madcap

i have been.
i broke my middle fingernail though.
i'll have a go at fingerpicking in general tonight. i'm not as fast as you.
i'd really love to lean Asturias.
Well, I'm going to go in the complete opposite direction of everyone in this here thread, and say:

The entire Ramones discography, all downstrokes, in one sitting
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by ctb
i have been.
i broke my middle fingernail though.
i'll have a go at fingerpicking in general tonight. i'm not as fast as you.
i'd really love to lean Asturias.

My thumb nail has been broken longer than it has been adequate
Quote by Dreadnought
My thumb nail has been broken longer than it has been adequate

Is there anywhere on the site adivising you on how to keep your nails useful.

Bloody things keep breaking.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
In before Opeth.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
I might add this too, although it's just a rehearsal and not complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2U5w303X8
I feel bad for the director...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 2